FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Move Over Smart Here Comes The Clever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's short, it's skinny, and it gets the equivalent of 108 miles per gallon.....

[Image: 425_3wheel550x413.jpg]

more info on the clever

And I thought people were insane driving those smartcar go-karts around..
Its interesting, but i doubt that it could ever pass canadian crash standards. Unless they classify it as a motorcyle.

And i think the smart will still sell well, its got 2 seats alteast and a lil bit of trunk room. The clever is only 1 seat and i dont' see a trunk.
habmann,May 3 2006, 01:32 AM Wrote:Its interesting, but i doubt that it could ever pass canadian crash standards. Unless they classify it as a motorcyle.

And i think the smart will still sell well, its got 2 seats alteast and a lil bit of trunk room. The clever is only 1 seat and i dont' see a trunk.
[right][snapback]184859[/snapback][/right]

Quote:Just over three feet wide, the Clever seats two, with the passenger directly behind the driver.

you're right about trunk space but this is meant for the commuter going into and out of the city.
Wow i'd buy one of those in a heart beat! looks awsome!

i'd rather have a trunk area that the rear seat though, cuz the passengers legs go on either side if the drivers seat! :unsure: How'd you like to go on a long trip in that?! LOL

Throw some wider rims/tires on the back and it'd be mint!
nass,May 2 2006, 09:50 PM Wrote:
habmann,May 3 2006, 01:32 AM Wrote:Its interesting, but i doubt that it could ever pass canadian crash standards. Unless they classify it as a motorcyle.

[right][snapback]184859[/snapback][/right]

Quote:Just over three feet wide, the Clever seats two, with the passenger directly behind the driver.

you're right about trunk space but this is meant for the commuter going into and out of the city.
[right][snapback]184866[/snapback][/right]

Wow i can't believe they can fit another person behind the driver. Looks like it'd be a tight fit, especially with a taller driver.

And commuting into the city is all well and good, but what about brief cases and such? Hold them in your lap?
LOL i found this....... the Carver :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgfTG1wCHtg&eurl=
SL8RZZX3,May 2 2006, 10:10 PM Wrote:LOL i found this....... the Carver  :D

[right][snapback]184876[/snapback][/right]

Funny the 2 look very similar. I wonder which came first?
habmann,May 3 2006, 02:24 AM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,May 2 2006, 10:10 PM Wrote:LOL i found this....... the Carver  :D

[right][snapback]184876[/snapback][/right]

Funny the 2 look very similar. I wonder which came first?
[right][snapback]184880[/snapback][/right]

neither, if you gona get a 3 wheeled car mind as well get something sweet like the t-rex.

[Image: 100_0011.JPG]

http://www.go-t-rex.com/
habmann,May 2 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:Its interesting, but...

Its definitely "interesting" ...for sure.
I am certain that someone will get hold of one and "Pimp" it right off the bat...rims, stereo, etc...

Come to think of it...makes me start to think of just what COULD be done to something that small...
Hey heres an idea, what if you just got something with two wheels? I think I'll call my invention "the motorcycle".

Trikes are ghey
I'll one up you.

One wheel.

We'll call it a "uni-cycle"
2001 ZTS,May 3 2006, 07:17 AM Wrote:Hey heres an idea, what if you just got something with two wheels? I think I'll call my invention "the motorcycle".

Trikes are ghey
[right][snapback]184941[/snapback][/right]

Except that these trikes are much more accesible for the general public to drive - exactly what these manufacturers are aiming for. They won't flip as easy, they remain upright while slow/stopped, they can COVER the individiuals in poor rainy weather (which they get a lot of in northern Europe), etc.

Definitely not for release in the N. American market for a spell I'll bet.
So they're motorcycles for the 2-wheel impaired?

I forsee a whack of accidents if these things ever do hit the roads here. I just can't see relying on a single front wheel for braking / cornering, especially in that layout on the Clever / Carver.

At least the T-Rex has 2 front wheels and serious performance.
What is the cost of the t-rex vs that clever?
I dunno, as someone who can't physically ride a bicycle (Or unicycle for that matter :P) one of those little contraptions would be great just for going to & from work (Driving even the Focus the 4km one way to work seems so wasteful)

Though I'd hate to be in an accident with one of those things. Get mailed home in an envelope <_<

NefCanuck
Hmm just went looking all over the trex website and couldn't find a price anywhere.
Phantom,May 3 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:Hmm just went looking all over the trex website and couldn't find a price anywhere.
[right][snapback]185008[/snapback][/right]

That usually means it more than you'd like to know :)
nass,May 3 2006, 10:39 AM Wrote:
Phantom,May 3 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:Hmm just went looking all over the trex website and couldn't find a price anywhere.
[right][snapback]185008[/snapback][/right]

That usually means it more than you'd like to know :)
[right][snapback]185014[/snapback][/right]
Their build/price sections says under construction. It has said that for a long damn time. Can anyone shed some light as to how much those things go for.
Pages: 1 2