FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wave Of Taxi Attacks Leaves 1 T.o. Cabbie Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sucks...
I used to drive a cab.

Man the stories I could tell.

Especially about the drunk women you take home at the end of the night from the bar.

Like shootin fish in a barrel.
meford4u,May 4 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:I used to drive a cab. Man the stories I could tell.
[right][snapback]185320[/snapback][/right]
Me too ... summer job in university - Peel Taxi in Mississauga. My favourite stories involve the single moms who wanted help taking the groceries up to the apartment ... yeah, that one bag was heavy.

But on a serious note ... in the 2 years I did it I had no trouble with anyone ... it's a much different job today.
Puppet should quit IBM and work as a taxi driver. :lol:
ZTWsquared,May 4 2006, 01:55 PM Wrote:
meford4u,May 4 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:I used to drive a cab. Man the stories I could tell.
[right][snapback]185320[/snapback][/right]
Me too ... summer job in university - Peel Taxi in Mississauga. My favourite stories involve the single moms who wanted help taking the groceries up to the apartment ... yeah, that one bag was heavy.

But on a serious note ... in the 2 years I did it I had no trouble with anyone ... it's a much different job today.
[right][snapback]185322[/snapback][/right]
Oh, we have been down the same road. Mine was a summer job in university as well.

Did you make the kind of $$ I made? 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day. Take home $1000 cash no taxes a week easily.
meford4u,May 4 2006, 10:22 PM Wrote:Oh, we have been down the same road.  Mine was a summer job in university as well.

Did you make the kind of $$ I made?  6 days a week, 12+ hours a day.  Take home $1000 cash no taxes a week easily.
[right][snapback]185458[/snapback][/right]
Yup - at least in the equivalent money for the early 70s.

I rented the car 24/7 so I'd pick my times to be out - usually 13/14 hours. I never thought about it much but the guy who owned the car (he didn't own the plate) was a heavy drinker and actually lived on the rent money I paid him through the summer.

This was before you needed a special license to pick up at Pearson and every once in a while we'd get a fare to Kitchener or Niagara Falls and they were sweet because you could make your day in like 2 1/2 hours.

And yeah ... meeting girls/women was inevitable -- single moms, bingo queens (for that redneck experience), bar hoppers, strippers (lots of strippers), lonely housewives (I was stoopid fearless, couple of real close calls) -- I was once even picked up by a woman I drove home from the hospital after her car accident --- we waited for her to heal for a couple of weeks before having our "date."

IIRC gas was about 0.55 / gallon (= 0.14 / liter) and I could do a day's business on $8 worth of gas.