FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cdn Dollar Hits 90.26 Cents Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well it was an issue for a few people a while ago, but as of today our Canadian Dollar just hit 90.26 cents US and it's still climbing...... there is a few Videos from CTV here and here is the write up.... but yeah they are saying in no time our dollar might be par with the states.

Dollar is up up up

videos are on the right.
wow, now I only wish I had money to buy stuff from the states :(
It was up close to 90.50 earlier on in trading.

That is amazing, 28 year record and it's bound to get even closer to an even 1 for 1 in the coming months.

Perfect time to take a trip down to the states!!!
I'm thinking this might be good for the honey moon seeing I can buy U.S. funds almost at par!
S2,May 2 2006, 04:41 PM Wrote:It was up close to 90.50 earlier on in trading.

That is amazing, 28 year record and it's bound to get even closer to an even 1 for 1 in the coming months.

Perfect time to take a trip down to the states!!!
[right][snapback]184771[/snapback][/right]

tell me about it, my dollars went further on the Trip in Ohio then I thought they would have and that was when the dollar was at $ .88 us
true, but its not good for ppl that are coming to canada for shopping. So Nigara falls and other tourist destinations in canada will pay for that.
Not good for people exporting into the states. :angry:
Probably not good for the canadian export market. But for me as a consumer I'm happy about it. Might have to make a trip to Niagara Falls NY, do some shopping.
Yeah there are benefits and downfalls.

It all depends on which side of the fence you are on. I'm on the side that will benefit greatly from this. Traveling at 25-30% cost difference since last summer (whenever the dollar was around the 60-70 cents market) makes for a nice holiday.

Vegas here I come!!! haha only thing is I'll probably lose the difference anyway [:D]
dBlast,May 2 2006, 02:55 PM Wrote:Not good for people exporting into the states. :angry:
[right][snapback]184777[/snapback][/right]

Exactly! Yes it's great for most of us personally, but if anybody here works for a company which does a large amount of exporting to the US, then hard times could be ahead. :(
Damn I'm glad I got out of the US when I did. Only thing is I've got $15,000 in a 401k which is now losing value quickly. :(

SVT ZX3,May 2 2006, 06:26 PM Wrote:
dBlast,May 2 2006, 02:55 PM Wrote:Not good for people exporting into the states. :angry:

Exactly! Yes it's great for most of us personally, but if anybody here works for a company which does a large amount of exporting to the US, then hard times could be ahead. :(
[right][snapback]184808[/snapback][/right]

LOL in a way I'm glad I work for Tim Horton's as this will not effect me at all as americans can't get enough of our coffee, and image.............. :lol:
Time to buy go fast parts for the WRX

Happens to correspond to the expiry of the waranty too B)
2001 ZTS,May 2 2006, 07:59 PM Wrote:Time to buy go fast parts for the WRX

Happens to correspond to the expiry of the waranty too B)
[right][snapback]184840[/snapback][/right]

Well doesn't that work out nicely for you.
Ouchies. I can't wait for the traffic to turn into pure mayhem this weekend!

And I was informed that I'm now taking the wife to the Galleria and Prime Outlets to go shopping. Boo.

Remember kids, read the INSIDE of your speedometer during your visit. Because getting behind someone driving 55kph in a 55mph zone is VERY annoying ;)

torradan,May 2 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:Ouchies.  I can't wait for the traffic to turn into pure mayhem this weekend!

And I was informed that I'm now taking the wife to the Galleria and Prime Outlets to go shopping.  Boo.

Remember kids, read the INSIDE of your speedometer during your visit.  Because getting behind someone driving 55kph in a 55mph zone is VERY annoying ;)
[right][snapback]184855[/snapback][/right]

Damn straight :lol: If I go down I'll just cheat and set the GPS to read MPH instead of km/h.... and I still do have $56USD to my name... hmm...

NefCanuck
cdn has to go up quite a bit to offset the insane tax structure in place in canada...
If anyone is a history buff they should know this. Last time the American dollar to a s*** kicking like this on the market was near the end of Vietnam. One could only hope the Americans in Washington see this and slow down there s*** strom raising over the pond and in the sandbox. :)

If they do there dollar will quikly run away from the Canadian dollar and as it always is the Candian people will get f***ed by this. :angry:
well one thing I heard on last nights news about the dollar was the fact more world wide dollar values are increasing, such as the Nuan, and Euro and people in those countrys are seeing our rise in our dollar and buying it up more then they are the US Dollar as they hear all about how our ecoonomy is on a major surge up, and our reasourses are a valued asset to buy in, and trade with.
dBlast,May 2 2006, 04:55 PM Wrote:Not good for people exporting into the states. :angry:
not good for those of us at ford at all.
Pages: 1 2