FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2 Seats, 0 To 60 = 4.0 Sec, 1 M Wide?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
0-60 in 4 seconds
top speed 130mph
all electric
two seater
with so much weight of batteries down low "it corners like a porsche"
NASCAR roll cage and is RWD.

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/tango-an...oney-170165.php

Pretty interesting video, I can't see how this thing wouldn't roll though, 2000 pounds or not......

Worth a look......
holy cow!

not sure how'd it do in snow, rain and pot-hole filled roads tho. Sure you can slalom around the potholes, but how to you avoid the snow and rain?
I need one of those!
Yeah a guy posted it up on FF.com so I thought I'd transfer it over here also.

Very cool, I still am extremely skeptical on the safety issues of these 'small' cars. I posted up a link to a crashtest on the SMART cars and they can handle a hell of a beating but it's probably just the impresson a person gets of a smaller car = not as safe.

It would be neat to see those things kicking around town but at $10,000 for a car that quick, there'll be alot of death. If they drop the speed (yeah I know that sucks) and acceleration of the car, and sell at that price, I bet they will be a strong, a very strong competitor to the SMART in the future, especially with the way fuel prices are these days (and in the future).

I wonder what the power cost would be to recharge that thing (say for a month). Power bill must go insane........ probably cheaper then gas though in the end.
3000 pounds? Yes, and 1000 of those pounds are batteries. Which means without batteries the Tango weighs as much as a Lotus Elise with an engine. In other words, you could pack an Elise with an electric motor and batteries and it would probably weigh less than the Tango. And potentially cost less as well. And you would actually look cool.

its kinda cool...
it would be fun to show up at an autox in one of those.
That things crazy looking. I don't know if i'd feel safe in it.

That would be sweet to show up to an autox in, but i'd be worried about tipping it over.
hmm did you hear that motor wind up? that's pure sex!