FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Job Interview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'm giving it a shot, I am taking an interview up in Kitchener/Waterloo this afternoon. From windsor its about a 3 hour drive, if I go grandma speed. I got the call monday last week, I was told that the company is expanding, and has been for the last 2-3 years. Originally deemed as a production shop, they got into the Mould building business. Now the have a shop that not only has the production presses in house, but CNC muchining areas, and Mould maker shop all within the same building. Everything is brand new too!!! All the tooling, machines, etc. The obvious thing that I had to think about, was I would have to relocate, on my own. My whole family lives in the surrounding areas of Windsor and essex county, so this was a really long week going over it in my head, discussing it with my family, weighing all the pro's and con's.

In the end, I'm going to give it a shot, not sure how it all is going to pan out, money that will be offered, relocating cost that may be given. All I got to say is this will be interesting.

BTW does anyone know how bad the construction is on the way from Windsor to Kitchener/Waterloo area.....
laidman,Apr 25 2006, 06:49 AM Wrote:BTW does anyone know how bad the construction is on the way from Windsor to Kitchener/Waterloo area.....
[right][snapback]183241[/snapback][/right]
Not sure, haven't been to Windsor since Christmas.

But a word of advice, watch your speed anywhere between Tilbury and Dutton.

Chatham cops are the worst on the 401 for speed traps, and they'll ticket for anything over 120.

Good luck on the interview. :)
the only spot there is construction is between tecumseh/belle river ... other than that its smooth sailing
I'm driving Windsor to Woodbridge every Friday afternoon and back on Wednesday morning. I leave at ~5:00AM on Monday, and I'm passing through Waterloo around 7:30ish normally.
Last time i made the trip from hamilton to windsor took me about 2 1/2 hrs. No major construction anywhere. Like already said above watch out for cops around chatham and london.

Edit: Oh ya good luck with the interview.
Well, the interview went fairly well, although I couldn't get a read if I have a chance or not, they still have other interviews to conduct over the next week or so. As for the drive, s***ty, weather...cold, and windy. I got blown all over the place, constantly driving with a slight line to the left hand side. Only highlights, I got to see how sticky the TOyo's were at 120, I had to pull some evasive manuvers to avoid tire shreds the size of the bumper. Oh yah FUN....
The drive back was uneventful, only one cop, and it was at a speed trap just entering Chatham, (nice call). Now its just wait and see.

FIgures though, I get home to find that a company from California is interested in me as well, luckily they have a head office in Brampton, that I can have the interview at, yay another road trip.....
Well best of luck, with both jobs. Glad to see after 60 days!
bestof luck!

remain positive and while your at it, apply for more places!
Best of luck! Good to hear it went well :)
California? Man, and you thought Toronto house prices were insane...
Good Luck with the interviews... if you get the K-W job you would be moving closer here no doubt right?

I'm in K-W if you need a guide around town.
nass,Apr 27 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:Good Luck with the interviews... if you get the K-W job you would be moving closer here no doubt right?

I'm in K-W if you need a guide around town.
[right][snapback]183637[/snapback][/right]

If all goes well, I may take you up on that one. As for the California deal, I'm going to this interview/info meeting only to see what its all about. If the money is right, and they assist with the relocation and the rest on my list, it may be a go..
Well interview number two is today!!! This one is for the Cali Deal. I got to go to the Mariot Airport hotel for the interview this afternoon. This could get interesting
Good Luck Mang!
KW will be quite important with tool & dye, considering Toyota's plans to expand into Woodstock, as well as Hino's plans to build a factory there. Friends of mine with shops/factories down in Windsor are still nervous given the state of the domestic auto makers.

Cost of living here is pretty good. It's slightly higher than Windsor, but no where near the Toronto costs. Being here all my life hasn't warped me that much, even with the years in Windsor. Still, this area has become part of that greater, unmentioned triangle of the GTA. Even if the KW job doesn't pan out, you still have a relatively large job market to tap.
GapBoyPCS,Apr 29 2006, 05:29 PM Wrote:KW will be quite important with tool & dye, considering Toyota's plans to expand into Woodstock, as well as Hino's plans to build a factory there. Friends of mine with shops/factories down in Windsor are still nervous given the state of the domestic auto makers.

Cost of living here is pretty good. It's slightly higher than Windsor, but no where near the Toronto costs.  Being here all my life hasn't warped me that much, even with the years in Windsor.  Still, this area has become part of that greater, unmentioned triangle of the GTA. Even if the KW job doesn't pan out, you still have a relatively large job market to tap.
[right][snapback]184071[/snapback][/right]

we need to get a K-W meet together or something :)
I don't think you'll get relocation assistance. I didn't. :(

The auto industry just isn't in that type of situation right now.