FocusCanada Forums
Alpine Type E Subs - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Alpine Type E Subs (/showthread.php?tid=11045)

Alpine Type E Subs - ThraxXx - 02-02-2006

Well that deal for the Type R's fell through. Actually...they are pretty much pulverized. The guy I was gonna buy them off of basically skipped teh break in period and cooked the crap outta them. I want to replace my jensens with something with a little more punch cuz well....the jensens are crap.

I was looking at the Alpine Type E. they are priced reasonably and are right within the 2ohm RMS power rating that my amp puts out so I was thinking that these might give me that krunk in the trunk I am looking for. Anyone out there in focusland pumpin these. Feedback would be good.

Alpine Type E Subs - scoobasteve - 02-02-2006

Go type S... theyre much better subs. for the 20 or 30 extra dollars theyre worth it.

Alpine Type E Subs - smith21 - 02-02-2006

thraxxx...don't do it!! IF you want a good deal on subs...Alpine to be exact, come down to sudbury and check out Bianco's, they've always got a deal going on subs..usually alpine, i know they had a deal not 2 long ago for 2 12" type R's in a ported box for something like 600$...lemme know if you wanna go that way, i can check a price out for you and save you a trip..plus i know a few of the guys that work there and can most likely swing you a deal

Alpine Type E Subs - ThraxXx - 02-05-2006

well my friend here in town has the two type e's in his car. They sound pretty good on his Ebay special 1200watt legacy amp. I decided to bite and get the 2 type e's. I loaded them up today to my KAC 929 and I am actually impressed. They aren't that bad. Sure the type S and type r are better however I am not looking for anything that excessive. Like I said, the type e was a decent price (paid 150 for both) and there combined RMS runs directly inline with what my amp puts out RMS wise. I tuned them today and they are pretty sweet. I am happy with my purchase. The loudness is no where near my transam's setup...but its good for the winter beater.

Alpine Type E Subs - ZTS_DJ - 02-23-2006

i dont think alpines are woth the money, ive got 2 rockford 10's and my buddy has one alpine type r 12, and we metered our cars and i was just as loud as he was...but thats my opinion

Alpine Type E Subs - Mason - 06-19-2006

ZTS_DJ,Feb 23 2006, 02:18 AM Wrote:i dont think alpines are woth the money, ive got 2 rockford 10's and my buddy has one alpine type r 12, and we metered our cars and i was just as loud as he was...but thats my opinion
[right][snapback]171829[/snapback][/right]

Go with the Type R. The type E alpine subs sound like trash after 6 months. Ive had my R for just under a year now and ill put dollars on the line that its much louder then 2 Rocks*** 10"s

Alpine Type E Subs - Tantrik ZX3 - 06-20-2006

Alpine=waste of money

Alpine Type E Subs - SVTmonkey - 06-22-2006

With the Type E's it's basically the old saying, you get what you pay for. They are bottom end, I would suggest upgrading if you want to keep em for a long time.

Alpine Type E Subs - 02_svt_guy - 08-02-2006

ill put down money that my 12 type-x is louder than your type-r :D

Alpine Type E Subs - Mason - 08-03-2006

02_svt_guy,Aug 2 2006, 08:37 AM Wrote:ill put down money that my 12 type-x is louder than your type-r :D
[right][snapback]200429[/snapback][/right]

Ow yea. That may be so but Ive still got a 15" type S comp sitting in the basement. No amp to power it though... and Im not sure I even wanna use it lol

Alpine Type E Subs - 02_svt_guy - 08-03-2006

type-s comp whats the rms/peak on that puppy?

Alpine Type E Subs - mn12bird - 08-30-2006

how can they possibly sound good on a Legacy amp? Thats not even possible. If you want Alpines buy Type R at least. As for Alpine VS Rockford on a meter. wow. SPL don't mean s***. I bet the Alpines sound better! Rockford is sooo crap these days. back in the oldskool days... differant story. new RF is junk.

Jake