FocusCanada Forums
The Things You See On The Highway - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: The Things You See On The Highway (/showthread.php?tid=1331)

The Things You See On The Highway - darkpuppet - 06-05-2009

So while I was driving back to TO from Ottawa lastnight, I was driving across the 401... simple enough.

Only, there was a persistent 'drizzle' of feathers floating around the highway like some sort of 120kph pillowfight errupted somewhere ahead of me.

This persisted for about 15 minutes or so until I caught up to a transport truck -- the source of the feathers... it wasn't a pillowfight, but an open-air chicken trailer, much like the following:

[Image: 276660_359fff2cd3.jpg]

The back of the trailer looked like any other transport trailer, but pull up along side it and you can see through to the other side through the cages containing live chickens.

Wouldn't this be a stressful way of transporting chickens? And what if my grill got clogged up with feathers? A part of me says these things are a bit of a liability....

amuzing sighting tho...

The Things You See On The Highway - ANTHONYD - 06-05-2009

:lol:

highway chicks!

The Things You See On The Highway - oldeguy - 06-05-2009

Chickens, Pigs, Sheep, Cows....all have to travel to T.O. for slaughter somehow.....

The Things You See On The Highway - Gabriel - 06-05-2009

That is a clear case of chicken abuse ! I object !

The Things You See On The Highway - NikiterZTS - 06-05-2009

mmm KFC

The Things You See On The Highway - Scorcher000 - 06-05-2009

Kenedy and Orenda in Brampton is where there is a couple of Chicken Slauter and transport businesses are and they all have open sides. I fear the day I sit in the left turning lane and a truck makes a wide turn, to make it in the trucking yard, one of the chickens decides to take a s*** out that side. :blink: :(

The Things You See On The Highway - Focus man. Focus. - 06-05-2009

I think the ride would be the best part of the Chickens day. Once they get to the destination thay have a whole other list of things to be worried about. In the winter time all they do is throw a tarp over the plastic bins. I am sure they are pre-frozen when the get to the slaughter house.

The Things You See On The Highway - 2001 ZTS - 06-05-2009

I have a sudden craving for wings, St. Louis tommorow?

The Things You See On The Highway - OAC_Sparky - 06-05-2009

2001 ZTS,Jun 4 2009, 01:40 PM Wrote:I have a sudden craving for wings, St. Louis  tommorow?
[right][snapback]288878[/snapback][/right]
:lol: In Burlington?

The Things You See On The Highway - mo_focus - 06-05-2009

fethers and something else are the only legal things that could be trown away from a car and not get a ticket. I can't remember what the other item was.

This is according to the highway traffic act.

The Things You See On The Highway - torradan - 06-05-2009

I was stopped on some highway once upon a time next to a truck with cows in the back of it. Next thing you know about 10 feet ahead of me, is a stream of some watery substance coming out of the truck.

Guess one of the cows couldn't hold it until the next rest stop.

The Things You See On The Highway - Oscar The Grouch - 06-05-2009

torradan,Jun 4 2009, 05:13 PM Wrote:I was stopped on some highway once upon a time next to a truck with cows in the back of it.  Next thing you know about 10 feet ahead of me, is a stream of some watery substance coming out of the truck. 

[right][snapback]288892[/snapback][/right]

Haha imagined if that hit some unlucky bastard in a convertible BMW. :lol:

The Things You See On The Highway - NefCanuck - 06-05-2009

OAC_Sparky,Jun 4 2009, 02:53 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jun 4 2009, 01:40 PM Wrote:I have a sudden craving for wings, St. Louis  tommorow?
[right][snapback]288878[/snapback][/right]
:lol: In Burlington?
[right][snapback]288882[/snapback][/right]

Hey if you wanna go, I'll show :P

Seeing that picture all I could think of was...

Col. Sanders & the Last Ride :D

NefCanuck

The Things You See On The Highway - Gabriel - 06-05-2009

torradan,Jun 4 2009, 05:13 PM Wrote:I was stopped on some highway once upon a time next to a truck with cows in the back of it.  Next thing you know about 10 feet ahead of me, is a stream of some watery substance coming out of the truck. 

[right][snapback]288892[/snapback][/right]
C'mon man , when you have to go , you have to go ! You don't want a happy meal with yellow ground meat , do you ? :D