FocusCanada Forums
"big 3" Question - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: "big 3" Question (/showthread.php?tid=17547)

"big 3" Question - xappie - 05-26-2004

Hey

I am trying to identify the positive terminal on the back of the alternator. I see a quarter-sized flat red cap on the back of the alternator. This is attached to a grey plastic post that points perpendicular to the red cap, towards the back of the engine. There is an (8awg??) red wire attached with a bolt to the end of this post. Is this the right point to attach my new positive wire?? I can't see any other wires back there - there are too many other engine parts in the way!!

If this is the right connection point, why do I need to remove that red cap?? I can't see what's underneath of it, because of the angle, but there seems to be a nut of some sort (by feel.) The red wire attached to the end of this post says "fuselink" on it - I think that is just the brand of wire or something? And not a label of what the wire does?

So is this the right spot to attach my wire? Can I just remove the nut holding this red fuselink wire and attach my new wire to the end as well?

"big 3" Question - scoobasteve - 05-26-2004

I'm pretty sure... almost positive that this is the positive output from the alternator.

"big 3" Question - xappie - 05-26-2004

FWIW my multimeter confirms that it is at least on the same circuit as the positive battery terminal.