FocusCanada Forums
Site Down - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Support (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site Support/Updates (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Site Down (/showthread.php?tid=17831)

Site Down - ZX3TUNR - 05-12-2004

Site should be good. There was nothing wrong I just was updating the DNS servers and it takes about 24 hours to refresh..

Site Down - NOS2Go4Me - 05-13-2004

Just so you know, it appears to be affecting Cogeco pipes so far. I'm back at work on a Bell Nexxia feed and I have no problems hitting the site, but at home NONE of my comps can see the site... pinging http://www.focuscanada.net comes back "unknown host".

Just FYI.

Adam

Site Down - ZX3TUNR - 05-13-2004

I couldnt get access from work today. I doubled check my side of the stuff and everything is 100% fine..

Site Down - paolo - 05-13-2004

I know that Bell Nexxia likes to mess arround and do changes with their DNS, but I tried today, and the domain seems to be accessible, so it looks like it could be other megalinks which have bad routing or dns tables needing to be updated.

Site Down - NOS2Go4Me - 05-14-2004

Just FYI... none of my comps at home over lunch can access http://www.focuscanada.net

I even flushed the DNS cache, cleared temporary internet files, everything... no luck.

I can even ping and resolve my own hacked website, but not focuscanada.net.

Home ISP: 5Mbit Cogeco cable, comps are behind a D-Link DI-604 router.

Site Down - NOS2Go4Me - 05-14-2004

As of right now, I'm posting from home. It works again, for now.

Site Down - SVTDavan - 05-14-2004

Some ISP's get their DNS updated sooner than others...

Site Down - ondafritz - 05-17-2004

I don't work for a DSL or Cable Internet company; I found that my 1mth trial with Rogers Internet, even in an area where there's a 100houses and only 5 cable users, I found that I had received numerous "page not found" and other such errors. I had DSL concurrently (at the same time as having the 1mth free trial on cable) and the DSL popped up the sites without any such errors. I have a feeling that Cable Internet has a lot of unregulated bandwidth i.e. you pay for ~1.5mbps, you get btwn 14.4kbps and 1700kbps. The only thing Bell does right these days is Internet.