FocusCanada Forums
Moldings - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Moldings (/showthread.php?tid=18059)

Moldings - KillaCamST - 06-21-2010

Im thinking about ditching the moldings off my car. any one done it? appearance after?

RE: Moldings - ZTWsquared - 06-21-2010

(06-21-2010, 12:05 AM)KillaCamST Wrote: Im thinking about ditching the moldings off my car. any one done it? appearance after?

Assuming you're talking about the side mouldings on the door, I've seen a few Foci without them, and frankly didn't like it ... the door isn't flat under there - there's an indentation the shape of the moulding and although it does look kind of clean, it really looks like there's something missing.

To my tastes - I prefer body-coloured moulding over black ones, and I prefer black mouldings to none at all.

Just my 02

RE: Moldings - Lowe9 - 06-21-2010

Most 05+ foci don't have the side moldings, I personally prefer the look, makes the car look cleaner IMO. Do note that the moldings are attached with holes through the sheet metal, you will have to fill and paint if you decide to remove them.

RE: Moldings - ZTWsquared - 06-21-2010

(06-21-2010, 12:05 AM)KillaCamST Wrote: Im thinking about ditching the moldings off my car. any one done it? appearance after?

I can't remember what year your car is, but here's a pic of an 05+ without mouldings ... doesn't look too bad really, but I still definitely prefer body-colour mouldings to this.

[Image: ON20071022111659889_201032317503467944200-orig.jpg]

RE: Moldings - ZX3_2NV - 06-22-2010

The body work involved to remove the molding is not worth it IMO, Unless your going to be painting ur entire vehicle or a body man by trade. Just smooth out the side molding with some filler and throw some paint on it.

[Image: 2788178e.jpg]

RE: Moldings - paolo - 06-23-2010

on older focus, such as 03 and older, there are holes behind the mouldings. if you remove them, you would not need to put body filler ie bondo, cus it will crack, but you would have to weld the holes shut, which will cost a lot, then the cost of painting over them, and the risk of the metal warping because the dorrs are kinda thin metal in that area.

this has been Another helpfull post from Paolo, your friendly Focus Enthusiast