FocusCanada Forums
wrc rally replica build thread - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: wrc rally replica build thread (/showthread.php?tid=18789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-22-2011

no there was no coolant loss, i thought there was but it was because i had to drain coolant when doing turbo install.
then i filled coolant and have not checked back.

and under the sunlight, it was hard to distinguish if it was white or bluish white.
it was like 5000k but when it gets worse and worse, i actually could see a bit of blue.

i just replaced pcv hose today and noticed, it had different smell. it is still burning off what was left in there but i am seeing less.
but i still gotta give more time to make sure if it was actual pcv problem or not.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-23-2011

k it was pcv hose problem, no more smoke.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 10-04-2011

enjoyed past 3 weeks at 7.5psi, i am ready for 11psi wot datalog.

ordered water repellent sock, after driving under rain, i could feel that air filter sucked a bit of water. and this is 8 inches off from ground(stock suspension).
i dont know how i am going to keep water away when i lower my car.

RE: My build thread - reldridge - 10-06-2011

Sock + AEM bypass (http://www.aemintakes.com/air_bypass_valve.htm) = No hydrolock (or at least less chance of it!)

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 10-09-2011

(10-06-2011, 11:27 PM)reldridge Wrote: Sock + AEM bypass (http://www.aemintakes.com/air_bypass_valve.htm) = No hydrolock (or at least less chance of it!)

i dont think it will work on turbo car.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 10-14-2011

omg without outerwear water repellent sock, how the hell ppl trun zetec turbo kit.
yesterday driven like 15mins with the sock on, when i checked it, sock was soaked in water. wtf

by the way, done compression test and shows #1 160, #2 130, #3 100, #4 135.
and after drop some oil in cyl #3, went upto 120.
this tells me piston ring is not scraping oil off of bore properly, or actual bore is tapered or something.
i dont think it is valve is not shuting properly.
i randomly see blue smoke but i gotta live with it until i get money to do engine rebuild.
i dont have rough idling problem yet.

RE: My build thread - hardk0re - 10-14-2011

engine is slowly dying man...how many K on the motor?

Randy wants you to run moar boost? I would stay low boost until you get this fixedc.

RE: My build thread - Flofocus - 10-14-2011

what kind of filter is on it? I had to change my air filter to an oiled k&n to stop the water from coming in. I had a cheap non oiled filter on it before and teh car ran like junk in the rain until I got my k&n put in.

RE: My build thread - GFXjamie - 10-14-2011

should of done compression test before going boost... the leak down test shows bad rings, they arent seating like they use to basically.

grab another stock motor from a wrecker, do a compression test b4 purchase or have the wrecker do one. those motors are good, just need one that was cared for ahead of time. Ken got a smoking deal on his from TS.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 10-14-2011

yeah randy told me to go higher boost 11 psi that is what they recommend.
i was the one saying i will stick with 7.5 psi until i do lsd and clutch upgrade.
he told me he have to change my tuning all over again.
so i had to buy mbc(got it for free from local member).

it came with itg filter that has oil coated already and additionally i bought water repellent from fswerks..
but i still have to make some kind of shield or skid plate.

engine is slowly dying but not serious yet, other than blue smoke coming out randomly for couple 10 seconds.

if i get a good deal on used engine with good compression, i will go ahead buy one but i dont have a space to do swap and not sure how much shop would charge.

RE: My build thread - hardk0re - 10-15-2011

Heres a local guy with a 0km ZETEC. If I were you and had invested that much money in your car already this seems like a good choice for a car your planning on keeping a while...

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-auto-parts-tires-engine-engine-parts-ford-focus-ztec-engine-2-0-brand-new-0kms-1000-firm-price-W0QQAdIdZ322236287

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 10-19-2011

ffff..engine blew off..
while doing another 3rd wot datalog with outwear water repellent sock and without, heard boom and saw smoke coming out of tailpipe and flame.
when i got out of my car, there still was flame in tailpipe but it was just burning rest of oil sitting in there.
and smoke from hood, checked and oil separator blew off and made a hole on engine block.
i dont think it got to do with low compression on cyl#3...

car is sitting in parking lot, waiting to get engine disassembled and might be able to narrow down what really happened.

i am stuck for this winter season, all i can do is save up some money from here and there but it will take a while to gather $1000 for new engine as i am not working anymore.
if the seller still has it by end of feburary, i am going to grab it.

most likely, my fuel pump was going out bad according to datalog.

RE: My build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 10-19-2011

s**t Leo... That blows dude

RE: My build thread - Focus man. Focus. - 10-19-2011

(10-19-2011, 06:08 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: s**t Leo... That blows dude

Literally.

RE: My build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 10-19-2011

no pun intended lol... I feel for ya dude

click and you will see............
fuel press dropped by 10psi at around 6500 rpm.......
has to stay around 40psi...
should have taken care of shitty fuel pump...
(10-19-2011, 06:24 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: no pun intended lol... I feel for ya dude

i will take some donations lol..kidding..

RE: My build thread - buzz2.0 - 10-19-2011

i saw the carage first hand, its pretty bad, even the windage tray broke,
terrible loss....oh well time to rebuild for more boost....muahhahahhaaBig Grin

yes more boost 300whp??yum

RE: My build thread - hardk0re - 10-19-2011

ouch that is terrible...detonation is an awfull thing.... you'd think that the ecu could see the pressure dropping and pull timing to save itself....

yeah it is...........i m stuck in winter..money issue blah blah blah cant afford buy...engine..

but in good way, i can spend time butchering my car fitting body kit.