FocusCanada Forums
wrc rally replica build thread - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: wrc rally replica build thread (/showthread.php?tid=18789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - ANTHONYD - 12-22-2011

Take it easy fellas.

You need to remember that if you post up pics of your progress here on the internet, you need to be able to take criticisms.

Angel

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - konafocuswrc - 12-22-2011

i understand that
but he couldve said nicely.
if i was wrong on doing something, i could ask him or anybody but came here all in sudden and saying that way is not cool.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - PEGASIX - 12-22-2011

do what you want im just saying try panel adhesive

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - hardk0re - 12-22-2011

keep on truckin leo....but sometimes we need to listen to things like this...it would be a shame if this did cause problems down the road.

hey buddy do i know you??
if you dont know the person you are talking to, be nice!
you could just point me out not to use silicone and link me to the product where i can buy stuff.
it is that hard? why not using duct tape and this and that is not cool.

just keep away from this thread, keyboard warrior.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - PEGASIX - 12-22-2011

no matter how much bondo you put over the silicone it will still fish eye any paint layed over it. unless you used paintable silicone which will hold even less.
body adhesive is paintable and sandable. its not cheap but will get the job done in the safest way at this point. sectioning the quarter would have been alot easier but its to late for that now and the factory quarters are held on by the panel adhesive and spot welds.

as for the keyboard warrior. everyone is entitled to there own opinion but my projects and builds speak for them selves.
http://www.kentonlinecatalog.com/guide/KentAutomotiveCatalog/1-1.asp#
sections 1.2 thru 1-5 and sections 1-27 thru 1-33
or
http://www.kent-automotive.com/webimages/E306K.pdf
take your pick. just make sure you get one with enough workable time to be able to set and align the quarter

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - Flofocus - 12-22-2011

Leo, some people are dicks and not here to make friends (I can be put in that bucket) and it's their way of telling you how to do something right the 1st time around. I would have to agree with Anthony, if you post pics, people will criticize, and offer their opinion on the project, that is just natural and you have to accept it's going to happen.

In this case, pegasix seems to know what he's talking about and I would listen to him. sure he can use some tact to relay his message to you, but nothing he said is wrong...don't take it personally is what I'm saying.

well.. wasn't good way to approach to me but..yeah, pegasix knows what he is talking about.

proper panel adhesive is very expensive, i will deal with it later..
i am going to get sheet metal from crap tire and cut out supports as 1 piece or 2.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - 02_svt_guy - 12-22-2011

We come on forums to get advice and opinion's. Unfortunetly both were expressed. Pegasix is right but could of tip-toed for sure. Already 2 many E-Thugs out there : )

Both of you guys are building sweet Foci's keep up the good work and keep the posts coming.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - Flofocus - 12-22-2011

(12-22-2011, 05:32 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: proper panel adhesive is very expensive, i will deal with it later.

For the most part - doing it the right way will always result in high costs. Name of the game man.

leo, try metal supermarkets for sheet metal...WAY cheaper! and better selection.

really? how much cheaper are they??
i looked online and didnt see price.
installed ford racing hood pin, looks and feels like it is stainless steel.
hope this doesnt rust like my old sparco hood pin.

[Image: 06.jpg]

didnt put cover plate and no cable yet, because car will get painted.

I usually pay the guys there cash and 9 times out of 10 they have what I need in the cuttoffs section and its dirt cheap.

I guess if your just getting say a 20x30 sheet of metal its maybe not worth the drive. For me I pass it on my way home from work so its as convenient as cdn tire...

actually i found one of their location near my place. i am gonna go there on friday to see how much it is going to be.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - moon111 - 12-22-2011

What happened to the sheet metal that was cut out? Can't that be re-purposed?

cut out pieces were not clean 1 piece.
it is better buying 1 sheet metal and cut long strip off of it for stronger supports i believe..

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - buzz2.0 - 12-22-2011

(12-22-2011, 11:26 AM)moon111 Wrote: What happened to the sheet metal that was cut out? Can't that be re-purposed?

turbo shear leaves no survivors! Big Grin

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - ANTHONYD - 12-23-2011

Glad we all sorted it out.
Kudos to you on the size of your cojones for taking that on man.

Keep plugging away! we can't wait to see the final masterpiece!

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - konafocuswrc - 12-24-2011

(12-22-2011, 09:39 AM)hardk0re Wrote: I usually pay the guys there cash and 9 times out of 10 they have what I need in the cuttoffs section and its dirt cheap.

I guess if your just getting say a 20x30 sheet of metal its maybe not worth the drive. For me I pass it on my way home from work so its as convenient as cdn tire...

oh wow, went there today and they gave christmas special price!!
they are located near my area and 4 piece of 4" x 8ft for $20!
they got my business, i will be buying more stuff to make underbody protection

thanks to you kev

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - Mystake - 12-24-2011

(12-24-2011, 03:29 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote:
(12-22-2011, 09:39 AM)hardk0re Wrote: I usually pay the guys there cash and 9 times out of 10 they have what I need in the cuttoffs section and its dirt cheap.

oh wow, went there today and they gave christmas special price!!
they are located near my area and 4 piece of 4" x 8ft for $20!
they got my business, i will be buying more stuff to make underbody protection

thanks to you kev

underbody protection??

hold the phone - let's do that together if possible. Just a couple days ago I was teetering on the edge of seeing about making one myself (have never used the tools to do it... gotta start somewhere right?)

my underbody shield broke off last winter and I have yet to do anything about it. I think some people made their own on FJ Imma go post there. Possible to make it double as a front air splitter?