FocusCanada Forums
wrc rally replica build thread - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: wrc rally replica build thread (/showthread.php?tid=18789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - stuntbiker99 - 02-19-2012

(02-19-2012, 09:49 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Oh so the fluid will drain out hen you take the line off? I was thinking it might have a vacuum suction if you kept the cap on the brake fluid reservoir!

nope there shouldnt be ,you can some what stop the lose of fluid if you pinch the flex lines with a pair of vise grips and itll take less time bleeding

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 02-19-2012

Hmm... Well maybe I'll be installing my brake kits sooner than later... Leo, take photos of your install! Unless you've already doing it lol

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - konafocuswrc - 02-19-2012

using plier to pinch flex hose? no way man. it will damage internal of hose and restrict flow.

what i would do is use vacuum cap or something to stop fluid, then install hose, bleed.

i wouldnt let master cylinder to run dry, taking all the air out wont be fun.

i will do the install but not bleeding until i get rear disc brake conversion.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - stuntbiker99 - 02-19-2012

(02-19-2012, 12:44 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: using plier to pinch flex hose? no way man. it will damage internal of hose and restrict flow.

what i would do is use vacuum cap or something to stop fluid, then install hose, bleed.

i wouldnt let master cylinder to run dry, taking all the air out wont be fun.

i will do the install but not bleeding until i get rear disc brake conversion.

ive done the visegrip thing multipule times and didnt notice one bit of difference

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 02-19-2012

I've seen the vise grips used with some sort of cushioning between the pliers and hose... So what if you have to change your lines? Drain all the fluid? Getting SS lines as well... Leo, what kind of vacuum system would work to hold the pressure in the tank?

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - Focus man. Focus. - 02-20-2012

I think Hardk0re has the motive bleeder pump. I used it when I did my SVT rear subframe swap.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - moon111 - 02-21-2012

While swapping in the SVT fronts which takes allot longer considering there's knuckles involved as well, I didn't pinch or vacuum anything and my reservoir never went dry. Took a little getting use to. Went from standard brakes with little tires to SVT fronts and 17"s. First panic-type stop on the 401 had me smoke the fronts so bad thought they'd catch on fire. An amazing difference and one I'd deem necessary for anyone making any type of horsepower.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - ZTWsquared - 02-21-2012

(02-20-2012, 01:45 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: I think Hardk0re has the motive bleeder pump. I used it when I did my SVT rear subframe swap.

Anytime I open up the brake lines for any reason I always flush and bleed the entire system ... it's easy for the fluid to become contaminated and even the slightest amount of moisture can negatively affect braking performance.

The Motive bleeder system is ideal for keeping fresh fluid uncontaminated and it makes it easy for one person to do a proper bleed.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - konafocuswrc - 02-21-2012

i have motive bleeder sitting somewhere.
and yes, it is better to flush the entire system, not only because become contaminated, different brand has different chemical in it.
even if it is same dot4, different brand doesn't mix well.

ken, how many bottle did you use when doing flush?
lets assume 1 bottle is 1 qt.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - PEGASIX - 02-21-2012

if your going to flush your system toss in dot5 you have to completely flush the dot 4/dot3 stuff out but the 5 is better has a higher boiling point and will not damage paint if it gets on it.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - hardk0re - 02-21-2012

1 bottle of ATE superblue was all it took me to flush my system.. Makes it very easy..stop when it comes out blue! ok so the next time isn't so easy.

The motive bleeder makes it pretty easy..I bleed my brakes once a year.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - ZTWsquared - 02-21-2012

(02-21-2012, 05:19 AM)hardk0re Wrote: 1 bottle of ATE superblue was all it took me to flush my system.. Makes it very easy..stop when it comes out blue! ok so the next time isn't so easy.

The motive bleeder makes it pretty easy..I bleed my brakes once a year.

^^ bottles are typically 300 or 400 ml IIRC - so yeah, one or two bottles and you're done.

A can of ATE superblue is 1L. Enough to do 2 cars actually.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - konafocuswrc - 02-21-2012

any idea where i can purchase ate locally?

http://www.precisiontuning.ca/catalog/index.php?cPath=43_150
Note they also sell Eurosport products...and last I spoke with him a few years ago he can order in fswerks stuff too...sinces its basically the same company.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - Flofocus - 02-22-2012

(02-19-2012, 01:12 PM)stuntbiker99 Wrote: ive done the visegrip thing multipule times and didnt notice one bit of difference

Same here, actually drove 3 hours with my rears closed off with vice grips. lol

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - konafocuswrc - 02-22-2012

ur flexhose must be in good shape..
on my car with this 12yrs old, i wouldnt use vise grip.

oh wait, i am going to replace anyway, so doesnt matter.
(02-21-2012, 12:33 PM)hardk0re Wrote: http://www.precisiontuning.ca/catalog/index.php?cPath=43_150
Note they also sell Eurosport products...and last I spoke with him a few years ago he can order in fswerks stuff too...sinces its basically the same company.

thanks for that link, i m not sure if they are part of fswerks or just dealer getting stuff from fswerks.

wish ate blue came in smaller size.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - ZTWsquared - 02-22-2012

(02-22-2012, 06:08 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: ur flexhose must be in good shape..
on my car with this 12yrs old, i wouldnt use vise grip.

oh wait, i am going to replace anyway, so doesnt matter.
(02-21-2012, 12:33 PM)hardk0re Wrote: http://www.precisiontuning.ca/catalog/index.php?cPath=43_150

thanks for that link, i m not sure if they are part of fswerks or just dealer getting stuff from fswerks.

wish ate blue came in smaller size.

They're a dealer - listed as such on the Eurosport Accessories website ... 20 bucks a litre isn't too bad ... looks like they're at Steeles and Keele.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - konafocuswrc - 02-23-2012

yeah price is pretty good, i expected close to $35.

good news is i finally can get engine i can work in living room.
not in bathtub this time lol

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - konafocuswrc - 02-25-2012

found engine and has good compression.
but seller doesnt know if it was from auto or mtx.

does anybody have pictures to show differences?