FocusCanada Forums
wrc rally replica build thread - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: wrc rally replica build thread (/showthread.php?tid=18789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - hardk0re - 03-07-2012

http://www.flashfirecoatings.com/
If you make arrangements with them I don't mind if you drop your stuff off at my office, I can take it to bowmanville and drop it off, pick it up.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - konafocuswrc - 03-09-2012

(03-07-2012, 12:01 PM)Mystake Wrote: Hope you didn't overpay for that engine!

Can't wait to see it painted. I'd go all blue but that's just me.

I'd heard that the Ford tranny fluid was best too... can't say for sure though I've got 163k on my tranny and in ice cold weather it spits out gears.

i paid $300 plus hst and i thought it was a good deal.
timing belt has to be changed, so not a problem.
but missing starter motor, broken serpentine belt pulley, all rusted pulleys, few other stuff cannot be used on my 2000.

takes longer buy this and that because i am not working these days.
(03-07-2012, 12:09 PM)hardk0re Wrote: http://www.flashfirecoatings.com/
If you make arrangements with them I don't mind if you drop your stuff off at my office, I can take it to bowmanville and drop it off, pick it up.

your office?

went to canadian tire and found this. rust converter.
it is meant to convert rust to primer surface but i don't trust it.

[Image: before.jpg]

[Image: inaction1.jpg]

[Image: inaction2.jpg]

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - hardk0re - 03-09-2012

(03-09-2012, 07:15 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: your office?

Where I work, I work near Don Mills/Eglington so if thats easier to get to than any of the other powdercoating places then you can drop it off there and I can bring it to the flashfire coatings place. Since its down the road from my house.

(03-09-2012, 11:50 AM)hardk0re Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 07:15 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: your office?

Where I work, I work near Don Mills/Eglington so if thats easier to get to than any of the other powdercoating places then you can drop it off there and I can bring it to the flashfire coatings place. Since its down the road from my house.

really? that is really close.
i live on eg and victoria park.

i gotta take some pictures and get a quote first.
then i ll let you know

do you know by any chance where to get flywheel resurfaced and possibly remove some weights?

after few hours, found this rust converter was useless junk.
i just painted over ford blue.
looks better in person, this colour is like baby blue on my monitor.

[Image: paintedintakeside.jpg]

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - stupica1 - 03-09-2012

Looking good leo, can't wait to see the motor all painted up nice. I find use a wire wheel on the end of a drill works nice for freeing up rust, noisy and messy as hell though lol

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - buzz2.0 - 03-09-2012

ooooo ford blue....it looks like my engine now....

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - gfxfocus - 03-10-2012

looking pretty good i remember seeing your car around

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - konafocuswrc - 03-10-2012

(03-09-2012, 10:48 PM)stupica1 Wrote: Looking good leo, can't wait to see the motor all painted up nice. I find use a wire wheel on the end of a drill works nice for freeing up rust, noisy and messy as hell though lol

i have wire wheels but i thought intake side is hard to see, i didn't take much time sand down to bare metal.

(03-10-2012, 03:24 AM)gfxfocus Wrote: looking pretty good i remember seeing your car around

which one was yours?

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - 0XDESVT - 03-12-2012

Not sure exactly where you live but this place is in toronto and i've had lots of things done by Guy and was very impressed http://www.quyscoating.com/?page_id=143 also if you are ever in the London area right off the 401 http://www.hgpowder.ca/ cost's me 30 bucks a rim for powder coating so i can't imagine the valve cover would be too much

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - ZTWsquared - 03-12-2012

(03-12-2012, 02:52 AM)0XDESVT Wrote: Not sure exactly where you live but this place is in toronto and i've had lots of things done by Guy and was very impressed http://www.quyscoating.com/?page_id=143 also if you are ever in the London area right off the 401 http://www.hgpowder.ca/ cost's me 30 bucks a rim for powder coating so i can't imagine the valve cover would be too much

Good call - but Quy is actually in Brampton 10 minutes from my place (Bovaird / McLaughlin area) ... 30 bucks a rim is an excellent price (assuming good quality) - Quy is 3 times that much and more if you want a clear coat.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - konafocuswrc - 03-12-2012

since kevin recommended shop is not responding to my email quote.
i am going to contact quy to see how much they charge.
hg is way too far from me.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - ZTWsquared - 03-12-2012

(03-12-2012, 07:42 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: since kevin recommended shop is not responding to my email quote.
i am going to contact quy to see how much they charge.
hg is way too far from me.
Quy's a riot ... he drives around town in his "classic" CRV with 6 rims attached to his roof rack - one of them is the loudest lime green imaginable - you can see him coming for miles LOL.

His facility is somewhat impressive - he powdercoats massive shelving units and he has a couple of booths you can drive a truck into.

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - konafocuswrc - 03-13-2012

recieved quote from quy..$200..........i gotta look elsewhere

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - konafocuswrc - 03-13-2012

slowly.....
[Image: timingbelt.jpg]

[Image: intakeside.jpg]

[Image: exhaustside.jpg]

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - MuskokaZX3 - 03-13-2012

Comin along Leo... Can't wait to see it all put together ready to drop in... I'll be putting my turbo kit in this weekend... Winning!!!

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - buzz2.0 - 03-14-2012

very nice....but how come you didnt paint the bottom half?

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - konafocuswrc - 03-14-2012

(03-13-2012, 08:50 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Comin along Leo... Can't wait to see it all put together ready to drop in... I'll be putting my turbo kit in this weekend... Winning!!!
and hand me over your rear disc brake conversion.

(03-14-2012, 02:33 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: very nice....but how come you didnt paint the bottom half?
windage tray??

RE: wrc rally replica build thread - which colour? - MuskokaZX3 - 03-14-2012

Haha... U wish lol... They'll be going on prolly next weekend... If you want my ST setup after I swap I think we could work something out... It'll be svt calipers (paired crappy red), svt brake lines, svt hubs/spindles (whatever you wanna call it), ST caliper mounting bracket, used st rotors and pads...[/align]

(03-14-2012, 03:08 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [quote='MuskokaZX3' pid='240362' dateline='1331635825']
Comin along Leo... Can't wait to see it all put together ready to drop in... I'll be putting my turbo kit in this weekend... Winning!!!
and hand me over your rear disc brake conversion.