FocusCanada Forums
wrc rally replica build thread - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: wrc rally replica build thread (/showthread.php?tid=18789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 08-21-2011

(08-20-2011, 09:45 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: NIICCCEEEE!.........you wanna race?Big Grin

no way i can keep up with you.
i wont be running more than 5~6psi until i get proper clutch and diff.
and i dont do street race, i m not a high school kid.

RE: My build thread - GFXjamie - 08-21-2011

.... your lame leo....

(08-21-2011, 02:29 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: .... your lame leo....

lame not street racing?

RE: My build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 08-21-2011

I think he's referring to the 5~6 psi Leo lol...

lol, what was i thinking, where am i..

RE: My build thread - buzz2.0 - 08-21-2011

edit: "NIICCCEEEE!.........you wanna race?".....joking....

RE: My build thread - GFXjamie - 08-21-2011

naw was saying lame to not racing, no1 but you said street racing! TMP brah

(08-21-2011, 03:26 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: naw was saying lame to not racing, no1 but you said street racing! TMP brah

what is tmp?

i will race but not in public road.

anyway, did u get a chance to install raceland?

[Image: half_assembled.jpg]
how the hell do i torque down water line fitting?
wastegate actuator is in its way......................
grind down wrench to look like needle nose plier?

RE: My build thread - buzz2.0 - 08-22-2011

what ru doing for oil inline and oil drain line? i had to tap a hole in the windage tray for the drain, i still got the drill bits and tap, let me know if u wanna borrow them.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 08-22-2011

i have drill bits and tap, thanks

due to limited access to shop tools, like simple bench grinder, i used dremel to cut open the closed end of wrench but not sure if i was over-torquing or not, that modified wrench was useless..

so i figured out by remove downpipe(instruction says to do downpie first and water line fitting later) and by remove clips on water line, i could slide closed end wrench without modifying it.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 08-24-2011

update update.
here is 3 stories; pissed, good and bad.

pissed- found this guy on kijiji who is renting his shop space for diyer like me to use hourly. i called him last week thursday to make sure if i am okay to use the shop space for 6 hours, i even told him that i will b there 11am tuesday. and even asked him if i needed to make an appointment for space, he says just drop in..
went there today with my buddy, shop was locked up, called him, left him a message and even my phone number, he is not returning call.
wasted my hours and gas to get there.

i am at apt parking lot under the sun sweating like a pig, everyone gives me WTH look, whatever..
good- most parts are installed. manifolds, downpipes, injectors, water line, oil returning line by drill and tap. few pipings are mounted.

bad- oil pan is dropped and put back together but not sure since i had trouble sepearte oil pan and kinda bent where screw goes to. i might replace it with new one later if i see oil drops.
i am having issue taking o2 sensor off from factory catalyc converter and dark outside, i gave up.
and finding oil gallery plug where starter motor is, pita to locate it.

still gotta do intercooler, extend wires and iat sensor, then i will be good.

RE: My build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 08-24-2011

Nice Leo... You taking pics as you install?? Would love to see some diy fswerks install... If not... TAKE SOME... I wanna know where you tapped your oil pan? Does fswerks provide full install instructions?

yep they provide full colored instruction with pictures for easy install.
i had camera with me when doing install but no way i am grabbing to take pictures..my camera is way too expensive to hold it with dirty greasy hands.
but i definitely will take pictures when it is done and after i wash my hands.

RE: My build thread - Focus man. Focus. - 08-24-2011

Sorry about your bad luck at the DIY shop but at least you had a buddy to get in to it with. Pics are a must so don't be shy with that camera. Will you be rolling by next Monday? It's Masiv Meet next monday.

yep i will, gotta show off something, another something, oops there is another something and turbo.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 08-25-2011

was raining today in the morning and until noon here.
i started around 4pm and i am almost done.
i still need to mount intercooler and take off o2 sensor from stock cat but it requires special socket to do it.
i gotta find some transportation to get to canadian tire to get socket and i m done.

so far i spent 8hours total.
or i might ask canadian tire if they have o2 sensor in stock.
excuse blurry picture.
[Image: P24-08-11_19-26.jpg]

RE: My build thread - Focus man. Focus. - 08-25-2011

I have the socket Leo, but I am in Scarborough. Not much use to you here. But you can use it if need be.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 08-25-2011

(08-25-2011, 09:55 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: I have the socket Leo, but I am in Scarborough. Not much use to you here. But you can use it if need be.

thanks for offer but i ended up buying new o2 sensor.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 08-26-2011

oh f!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everything is done but oil pan has crack in it, oil is dripping..
now how m i gonna get oil pan from dealer...it is 20 min driving from here..
another f!!!!!!!!!nobody has this in stock. gotta order it.s**t!!!!