FocusCanada Forums
wrc rally replica build thread - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: wrc rally replica build thread (/showthread.php?tid=18789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: My build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 08-31-2011

Hmm... That's the disadvantage of remote tuning I guess... I'm sure he'll get it sorted out eventually Leo... What's he saying is wrong?

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 08-31-2011

yes, i m in touch with randy right now, he is now saying that my throttle body is aftermarket or tps is problem.
i dont have problem driving before putting turbo, i am the one installed turbo, i saw exactly what i saw. i know i got used car 7 month ago but i know what oem looks like and i never had to touch tps while doing it.

i believe tps is faulty, shouldnt i have problem with driving?
and while typing this, he is telling me in 5500rpm datalog, tps is already doing WOT, i didnt have to do WOT to keep 5500rpm when i was doing datalogging.

RE: My build thread - hardk0re - 08-31-2011

randy sees more datalogs than anybody, and he can tell just by the numbers if something is wrong. He's been pretty bang on when he did tuning for me. He's quick and pointing you in the right direction and usually get the issue fixed.

I would just change the TPS with the one in your old car, or better yet just pickup a new one. I had a TPS sensor failure a few times in my old car. Are your TPS readings bouncing around when your just at idle?

i heard auto tps and manual tps is different. called around already. no delaerships around here have in stock as always and they want 79.99 for it, special order takes 2~3days which means not this week but next week. and no returns.

and he didnt mention anything about ilding datalog, only 5500rpm datalog.
and i am looking at my datalog and tps is averaging at 0.424 but i see it bounce 0 to 0.750 but seems like this is not an issue according to randy.
and i am not sure how tps value works but at 5500rpm datalog, it is at 285.932, min 284.047 and max 288.047, are these number only can be seen at WOT?

RE: My build thread - hardk0re - 08-31-2011

I usually logged TP_Relative...

that is what it is

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-01-2011

okay, looks like, it wasnt the tps problem like randy told me before.
he sent me another tune yesterday and i datalogged it.
once i compare old one to new one, afr was the matter.
with old one, car was already going WOT fueling mode at 5500rpm which runs 12.531 rich average.
now with new one, afr shows 15.084 stoich average. which looks good because car is not going into WOT fueling mode anymore at 5500rpm.
woooohoooo~sometimes not following what randy said is good.
asked me earlier if i am using different intake and aftermarket throttle body, i need to buy o2 sensor from dealership, new tps and so on, it was actual tuning problem.
i think he got confused with turbocharger i have.
and he was using same tune from standard gt28(small turbo), mine is gt2871r.
after 4 different tunes, got correct one finally, now he approved me to do WOT datalog.
m sooo excited, i still gotta pick up some stuff from my old apartment and will try this around 11pm when not lot of cars around.

RE: My build thread - Focus man. Focus. - 09-01-2011

Glad to hear your finally getting this sorted Leo. Let us know how the Wide Open Throtle run goes.

RE: My build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 09-01-2011

Whoo-hoo Leo!!! Let us know how the wot goes!!! UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-01-2011

it went pretty good, randy didnt take a look at it yet but watched out afr gauge and it shows pretty good around 10.3
and with 5 psi only, my front feels lighter when going boost.

my turbo spools up at 3750rpm, as long as i m in right gear and rpm range, i m good.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-02-2011

jesus christ!! how much do i need to spend to please randy?
he looked at my datalog and asked how much boost i am making.
i told him 5 psi and that is what he or garette set it on wg actuator. he is now telling me to buy boost controller and i told him i will buy it in a month or two.
now he is telling me because i dont have boost controller, he said he needs to adjust his tune all over again.
and he is going to ask me to do datalog again and again and again.

so f it. i am buying boost controller and up the boost and hope that is all i need.

RE: My build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 09-02-2011

Pain in the ass eh Leo... I'm sure you can pick up a manual T inline boost controller for super cheap I'm sure

RE: My build thread - buzz2.0 - 09-02-2011

i got a spare boost controller if u want it.......i dont need it for mine, im just running off 8psi spring...pm me and come get it,

it looks like this
https://www.turboxs.com/shop/product.php?id_product=137

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-03-2011

(09-02-2011, 09:21 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: i got a spare boost controller if u want it.......i dont need it for mine, im just running off 8psi spring...pm me and come get it,

it looks like this
https://www.turboxs.com/shop/product.php?id_product=137

pmd

RE: My build thread - GFXjamie - 09-03-2011

If your looking for electronic down the rd ill be selling mine come winter for cheap

omg randy recommends upto 11psi, i already feel fun with 5psi.
do you guys think stock clutch will handle it?
as long as i dont do wot all the time, it should be fine right?
i was planning to do clutches and diff next spring.
(09-03-2011, 03:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: If your looking for electronic down the rd ill be selling mine come winter for cheap

def, post it up when ready to sell

RE: My build thread - ZTWsquared - 09-03-2011

(09-03-2011, 03:55 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: omg randy recommends upto 11psi, i already feel fun with 5psi.
do you guys think stock clutch will handle it?
as long as i dont do wot all the time, it should be fine right?
i was planning to do clutches and diff next spring.
(09-03-2011, 03:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: If your looking for electronic down the rd ill be selling mine come winter for cheap

def, post it up when ready to sell

Considering the time, money and effort you've invested so far, a little patience and 11 psi will get you the full reward you deserve ... hang in there, let Randy do his thing and you will have the best result possible.

yeah true
since they are giving out warranty on their turbo kit, they are throwing out multiple itmes that i need to purchase and replace.
but turns out that tuning was not right one for my turbocharger.
it is kinda hard to diagnosis without looking at it.

that is big disadvantage of remote tuning, i still gotta do more datalogs but i only can do after 1 am or later because i had to slow down before hitting redline or 88mph.
so this takes long time to get it done.

but once i get it done, i will be the happiest focus owner in the world, lol

RE: My build thread - GFXjamie - 09-04-2011

im still rocking stock clutch, however it is likely better then a zetec clutch. go to 11psi, might as well.

For third gear pulls, you really should find a road that is about 1km or so long and do a pull there, a road no1 goes on like an industrial road in the evening. i have such road down street from my shop that i use without issue every datalog i do (and ive done a lot due to all my upgrades and different tuning things i wanted done)

Just be patient, Randy takes a little bit of time to get the tuning done, he is also very busy so bare that in mind.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-04-2011

where is that road? can i use?