FocusCanada Forums
wrc rally replica build thread - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: wrc rally replica build thread (/showthread.php?tid=18789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-04-2011

hows this for 3rd gear wot run?

[Image: 3rdgearwotrun.jpg]

RE: My build thread - moon111 - 09-05-2011

To this old dog, this is crazy stuff. Kind of miss the days of a bigger carb, aftermarket intake and exhaust and you were done. My 440 had butterflies you could of used for dinner plates.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-05-2011

lol dinner plates

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-07-2011

more and more i have time to look at these parts, this really piss me off.

everything is bare metal finish with clear powdercoat but this. not good when powdercoating on dirty piping.
[Image: suspensionparts.jpg]
[Image: problem.jpg]

clearly he rushed my order to get it done over 5 months.
so..grabbed gasket remover and peeled off clearcoat and sanded, still not done yet but i am going to clear powdercoat later.
[Image: sanding.jpg]

still waiting on missed parts..

RE: My build thread - hardk0re - 09-07-2011

most powdercoat places sandblast everything before they coat it anyway...won't thaty remove his clearcoat?

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-07-2011

thwey will prep removing minor grease but when sandblasting is required, they will charge more for it.

RE: My build thread - buzz2.0 - 09-07-2011

you gotta paint all those parts white!....i know its under the car and no one will see them but you'll know!

RE: My build thread - GFXjamie - 09-07-2011

(09-04-2011, 03:55 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: where is that road? can i use?

yea sure, but it requires a drive to cambridge LOL collier macmillan rd. between bishop st. and sheldon.

just gotta find a nice straight industrial road. use google maps for your area, i bet there are tons that you would never of looked at before. just make sure its straight and fairly flat.

Another road i use is one in the country, straight, flat and LONG. never any police and 2 houses, one in the middle, one on either end and its a solid 3 kms of run.

RE: My build thread - hardk0re - 09-07-2011

I used my onramp onto 401.. Tongue

RE: My build thread - GFXjamie - 09-08-2011

I used the 401 once, it was a pain because i had to pull over to the side of the ramp, start the log, do my run and then shut the datalogging off while on the highway LOL wasnt the safest place to do it.

doing it on a back road, i didnt have cars all around me, because lets be real, your watching your wideband, boost gauge and RPM's while doing so, your focus isnt 100% on where you are and if some1 cuts infront of you while your in the middle of it, good luck.

safest place will always be a dyno, but we dont all have those in our back yards or next door. They also arent cheap to rent

RE: My build thread - buzz2.0 - 09-08-2011

found one....crockford blvd........warden and eglington area....industrail road...send me a text tonight and we'll head there

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-08-2011

i tried dvp and it worked but had to do around 1am.
i am still waiting oin randys approval.
last wot datalog was all good but he wants to see another datalog with higher boost but i told him i did at 7 psi and asked if i am okay to do 11psi as he recommended, havent heard back yet.
if i hear it tonight, will txt you but weather is going to be shitty, i am not going to try, air filter is sitting way too low and dont wanna risk damage something.

this is frustrating.
they told me i can use 90 degree elbow if i am worried about hydrolocking engine, now they are telling me i cant because they havent tested and have to adjust program all over again.
i asked about splash guard or anything to prevent and 90 degree is what they recommended.OMG, now i wasted another money..

i will have to fab underbody panel or something, so it is not expose to water.
once i lower my car, this will be very close to ground.

thanks buzz2.0 to show up and watch out road for me!

RE: My build thread - buzz2.0 - 09-08-2011

thats a nice road eh?.....alot of street racing used to happen on that road a couple of years ago.....

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-09-2011

oh yeah? that road would be close enough for me to go do some more datalogs.
but i gotta ask my buddy to watch the road, just in case cop shows up. never had speeding tickets for last 12 years.
2 weeks, no reply, i bet dom is going to answer next week and say, "i was away for wedding and i ll ship it out tmrw", and another 3 weeks, he might ship my rest of stuff he forgot to ship.
what is wrong with ppl.
just recieved another tune file, gotta do another datalog...sigh..

RE: My build thread - buzz2.0 - 09-09-2011

oh no not another data log.....is this for 11psi?.....i hope u got a new tranny on order.....it shifted hard when we went for a ride....Big Grin

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-09-2011

no it was same 7 psi. i wish he can tell me what he is changing everytime he gives me new tunes.
because when i look at wot data and compare, i see very little changes, tiny little.

RE: My build thread - konafocuswrc - 09-10-2011

i guess my focus is randy's test mule lol

so last 3 datalogs were all fine, nothing was wrong. he just wanted try different thing to see how my car reacts since my car is the first one to tune with gt2871r..

now he gave me another tune to do another wot datalog but this time he wants me to keep same tune as-is for a while to see how it is.

RE: My build thread - MuskokaZX3 - 09-10-2011

Haha right on Leo... So your good to for a while then? How does it spool up? Pretty sure I'm going the top speed route for my turbo... They're just testing a new duratec intake manifold!