FocusCanada Forums
2011 Dyno Day Results - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Meetings and G2Gs (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: 2011 Dyno Day Results (/showthread.php?tid=19217)

2011 Dyno Day Results - ZX3_2NV - 06-28-2011

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone that came out to our 2nd annual Dyno Day. We had 19 dyno runs this year that's 2 more than last year. I would also like to send out a special shout out to John with helping me gather deposits and spreading the word around.

I would like to congratulate Jason aka Jmountney with his SVT on winning highest All Motor Focus for the 2nd year in a row with 152 whp and 135 torque. He held off two other foci that were within 3 whp

A big congrats goes out to Jamie aka GFXJamie with the biggest improvement and again the highest overall boosted Focus with 278 whp and 229 torque an increment of 46 whp and 10 torque

and can't forget to mention the coveted Slocus Award was held on by Kevin aka Focusman, Focus with his performance of 111 whp and 115 Torque

View attached file for full results [attachment=330]

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - Focus man. Focus. - 06-28-2011

Don't forget that I did have a 9HP increase over last year. All I have to say is style over speed.

Why do I need more power? You can only go so fast on the 401 in bumper to bumper traffic. SLOCUS FTW!!!!!!

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - Oscar The Grouch - 06-28-2011

I bet if I had got a new tune, would have posted over 220whp. If I turned up the boost to 13lbs (like Jamie was egging me on to do), 230whp maybe??? Still I got a gain of 20whp with just a new AEM air filter and truboost. Money well spent.

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - buzz2.0 - 06-28-2011

(06-28-2011, 12:01 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: Don't forget that I did have a 9HP increase over last year. All I have to say is style over speed.

Why do I need more power? You can only go so fast on the 401 in bumper to bumper traffic. SLOCUS FTW!!!!!!

"bye bye daddy's car"....lol that was too funny

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - NikiterZTS - 06-28-2011

What's going on with Scorcher's and Dblast's cars?

From what I've seen at the meet John is got fency intake mani, air intake, header, exhaust and maybe some other stuff (115/98 ??)

Dblast is got Jackson S/C, full exhaust but numbers are the same as N/A SVTF...
Just wondering.

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - MuskokaZX3 - 06-28-2011

Yea.... I was kinda wondering the same thing... Johns low tq kinda makes sense having the cossie IM but I figured his hp would be quite a bit higher???

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - dBlast - 06-28-2011

(06-28-2011, 10:41 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: What's going on with Scorcher's and Dblast's cars?

From what I've seen at the meet John is got fency intake mani, air intake, header, exhaust and maybe some other stuff (115/98 ??)

Just wondering.

Needs more boost!! The first generation Jackson Racing S/C (not the big boost kit version which came out after I had this installed) had the lowest boost of focus FI system. It also has a safe tune (i.e. daily driver reliable).

This is my daily driver and I drive my kids to school so it has to be reliable. I have had this S/C on the car for over 7 years without a problem. I wish I had more boost but it has been a fun car to drive anyway.

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - NikiterZTS - 06-29-2011

(06-28-2011, 11:31 PM)dBlast Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 10:41 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: What's going on with Scorcher's and Dblast's cars?

Just wondering.

Needs more boost!! The first generation Jackson Racing S/C (not the big boost kit version which came out after I had this installed) had the lowest boost of focus FI system. It also has a safe tune (i.e. daily driver reliable).

This is my daily driver and I drive my kids to school so it has to be reliable. I have had this S/C on the car for over 7 years without a problem. I wish I had more boost but it has been a fun car to drive anyway.

So pretty much just needs a bigger pully and SVT intake box/snorkle?

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - ZTWsquared - 06-29-2011

(06-29-2011, 12:44 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote:

Just wondering.

Exactly ... and that's what comes with the BBK (big blower kit) along with 42lb injectors and a special tune. The first edition JSRC actually was designed to run on the stock tune.

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - dBlast - 06-29-2011

(06-29-2011, 12:57 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 12:44 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote:

Just wondering.

Exactly ... and that's what comes with the BBK (big blower kit) along with 42lb injectors and a special tune. The first edition JSRC actually was designed to run on the stock tune.

It originally came with a "black box" which was supposed to dump extra fuel to match the extra air, but that did not work quite right so I had it tuned with a chip (pre-Xcal days).

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - NOS2Go4Me - 06-30-2011

Nice results guys! Hopefully I'll be able to attend next year's runs. If I'm done up right, I'll be giving the all-motor trophy a run for its money.

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - Jmountney1 - 07-02-2011

Jamie dyno run made it to fsworks fb. It was posted on my wall.

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - Scorcher000 - 07-11-2011

[Image: 2282459.jpg]Focuscanada.net 2011 Dyno & Cruise

There is the video plus some pictures added at the end. I ran out of battery life so some cars didn't make the cut. Sorry. Also don't blame me for the audio being off.... Its the website... Trust me... Dodgy

Enjoy.

RE: 2011 Dyno Day Results - Mystake - 07-11-2011

hey johnny whatever happened to getting me the vid of my car from last year? :S