FocusCanada Forums
FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! (/showthread.php?tid=19493)

FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - WuNgUnSVT - 09-16-2011

Don't know if this is new, or mentioned elsewhere....

Just came across this one at the local Canadian Tire...
Should be available at all good automotive parts suppliers.

[Image: HPIM2130.jpg]

It has Arm and Hammer baking soda in it, as well as activated charcoal...a steal at $20...
The part number shown is for the Focus 2.0 double overhead cam, I assume all years from 2000-2004.

This one will find a home in the SVT!

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - konafocuswrc - 09-16-2011

i havent seen that locally and i dont think my local cdn tire will stock it.

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - WuNgUnSVT - 09-16-2011

My CT (Goderich) only had one, and it was behind the counter.

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - Mystake - 09-16-2011

i know there's a spot for it, but where does this go?

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - WuNgUnSVT - 09-16-2011

Under the windshield cowl on the passenger side...
Careful you don't unseal the cowl from the windshield!

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - ZTWsquared - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 09:08 AM)WuNgUnSVT Wrote: Under the windshield cowl on the passenger side...
Careful you don't unseal the cowl from the windshield!

With some minor modification to both car and filter, it will also fit the 2005-2007 models.

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - Platinum6316 - 09-16-2011

What's the Crappy Tire stock number? not just the part number shown on the front ...

I'll have to get back to you on that one...

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - MuskokaZX3 - 09-16-2011

KEN... MORE INFO ON THE 05-07 CABIN AIR FILTER... I WAS JUST IN CRAPPY TIRE LAST WEEKEND AND I WAS ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR A CABIN AIR FILTER FOR MY 07 AND THEN REMEMBERED READING THESE YEARS DIDN'T HAVE ONE... HOW CAN I MOD IT?

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - ZTWsquared - 09-16-2011

(09-16-2011, 11:29 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: KEN... MORE INFO ON THE 05-07 CABIN AIR FILTER... I WAS JUST IN CRAPPY TIRE LAST WEEKEND AND I WAS ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR A CABIN AIR FILTER FOR MY 07 AND THEN REMEMBERED READING THESE YEARS DIDN'T HAVE ONE... HOW CAN I MOD IT?

There's a couple of good write-ups on focaljet on a fairly extensive mod (but a real good one) ... if you look at that you'll see the fine wire mesh on top of a housing - I just removed that, cut a filter to size and shoved it into the opening.

My solution is obviously kind of ghetto and in hindsight I think I would have preferred to do the full out mod ... but it worked and only took about 15 minutes.

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - euro_zx5 - 09-17-2011

When I ran a cabin air filter I just plopped it on top of the wire screen and believe it or not, the filter stayed in place and collected quite a bit of debris after a year's time. Ken's solution sounds a little better. lol

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - MuskokaZX3 - 09-17-2011

I plan on doing the full mod posted on fj Ken mentioned...http://forums.focaljet.com/exterior-modifications/624566-2005-cabin-filter-tutorial.html... Looks a clean mod and would love to run a cabin air filter... Keep that dust down a little more

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - Scorcher000 - 09-20-2011

I need to do that. I'm tired of tasting dust...Dodgy

RE: FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin filter with charcoal/baking soda! - MuskokaZX3 - 09-20-2011

Yopp... Looks pretty clean too if you do a good job