FocusCanada Forums
svt focus rad? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: svt focus rad? (/showthread.php?tid=19521)

svt focus rad? - Jmountney1 - 09-27-2011

So long story short my fan has wore a vary small pin hole in my rad and I'm stuck in ottawa. Tomorrow morn I'm driving it 200km back to bancroft (home) and. Stealing the gfs. Jetta. My question is do svt and normal 00-04 focus use the same rad. I glanced online and it appears they do. Any one that knows this would help me as I'm probly gona order a new rad from car quest but they have screwed up many times before getting me focus parts and not svt ones (ie brake pads n stuff). I just have to guarantee I get the right part the first time. Thanks all.

RE: svt focus rad? - ZTWsquared - 09-27-2011

(09-27-2011, 11:31 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: So long story short my fan has wore a vary small pin hole in my rad and I'm stuck in ottawa. Tomorrow morn I'm driving it 200km back to bancroft (home) and. Stealing the gfs. Jetta. My question is do svt and normal 00-04 focus use the same rad. I glanced online and it appears they do. Any one that knows this would help me as I'm probly gona order a new rad from car quest but they have screwed up many times before getting me focus parts and not svt ones (ie brake pads n stuff). I just have to guarantee I get the right part the first time. Thanks all.

The SVT rad is the same as the zetec rad with manual trans ... make sure you don't get one for auto.

RE: svt focus rad? - NOS2Go4Me - 09-27-2011

^^ Points for being the Focuspedia guy to go-to around here. I'll keep that in mind as well for down the road. Great info, Ken!

RE: svt focus rad? - Jmountney1 - 09-28-2011

ordered a rad today from carquest like $180ish its a std/auto rad clames it works with both std and auto. has any one replaced the rad any pointers?
aparently te aftormarket rads work in both