FocusCanada Forums
Need a new Battery - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Need a new Battery (/showthread.php?tid=19631)

Need a new Battery - wilky1989 - 11-09-2011

Right now I am in the middle of installing a lot of stereo equipment into my focus. For example, I am installing Orion HCCA speakers all around the inside powered by a 4 channel Alpine Amp, I also have a 12” Orion XTR Pro sub powered by an Alpine mono block, and finally an aftermarket head unit. I do have a capacitor hooked up to all of this but just recently I got my battery tested and it came back as a fail… not quite sure how bad but I was told to basically replace it. This brings me to my question… with all this stereo equipment what kind of battery should I be looking for? and is it as easy as buying just another basic battery?

RE: Need a new Battery - Mystake - 11-09-2011

i got my battery from Ford, it was their heavy duty unit and so far its holding up well but it's also < 1 year old

my subs in the trunk take up enough power to cause my headlights, taillights and dash to flicker when they're all on (ie: at night)

RE: Need a new Battery - NoiSeeVT - 11-10-2011

I have an optima Yellow top and it has been great for more than 5 years. I have a pretty big system and it has never failed. Just my thoughts.

David

RE: Need a new Battery - 05blackzx5 - 11-10-2011

i agree optima yellow top or red top. never had a problem with mine

RE: Need a new Battery - wilky1989 - 11-15-2011

Thanks guys