FocusCanada Forums
wet front passenger floor - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: wet front passenger floor (/showthread.php?tid=19713)

wet front passenger floor - heelchain - 12-23-2011

Hi guys,
every time it rains the front passenger floor gets soaked but I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. (2002 wagon)

It's my GFs car and she never noticed it before but I don't think it's a new issue. There is only 44k on the car! Anyway, the door seals all seem good. Does anyone know if there is a potential leak source in a situation like this?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

RE: wet front passenger floor - Frost__2001 - 12-23-2011

when I had water leaking into my interior it was from a incorrectly installed replacement windshield that was 30mm too low. when it would rain I have rain pouring in when I was driving when it was park it was fine.

thats one suggestion for you.

RE: wet front passenger floor - 02_svt_guy - 12-23-2011

Check under the hood or up behind the glove box for possible residue trails. Also the cowling for the wipers in there.

RE: wet front passenger floor - sonic_mikey - 12-28-2011

iirc a common issue is the sealant they use to bond the windshield to the car begins to fail, there is a TSB that mentions water on the passenger side footwell

RE: wet front passenger floor - heelchain - 12-28-2011

Thanks all. I will look into these possibilities.

(12-28-2011, 11:54 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote: iirc a common issue is the sealant they use to bond the windshield to the car begins to fail, there is a TSB that mentions water on the passenger side footwell