FocusCanada Forums
Thinking about lowering the Focus - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Thinking about lowering the Focus (/showthread.php?tid=19964)

Thinking about lowering the Focus - wilky1989 - 04-18-2012

Hey guys i was wondering if you guys can give me a feed back on which way i should be going if i want to lower my car, coil overs or spings. My car is only for driving around the streets meaning i will not be taking it to any tracks. Please help me figure this out and if you could maybe direct me to a decent supplier.

Thanks again

RE: Thinking about lowering the Focus - 1seensvt - 04-18-2012

i would say if u want it took and handle a bit better then go with springs

RE: Thinking about lowering the Focus - muttsnutts - 04-18-2012

[attachment=541]
(04-18-2012, 02:50 AM)wilky1989 Wrote: Hey guys i was wondering if you guys can give me a feed back on which way i should be going if i want to lower my car, coil overs or spings. My car is only for driving around the streets meaning i will not be taking it to any tracks. Please help me figure this out and if you could maybe direct me to a decent supplier.

Thanks again
Just lowered mine Night and Day

RE: Thinking about lowering the Focus - JMCustoms - 04-18-2012

I lowered mine on Eibach Sportlines, i did much research on what the best setup for the focus is, if you want low and a rough ride then coilovers, if you want a decent drop and incredible handleing the springs and strut/shock setup,

Im running the Eibach Sportlines, and spent a but of money on the KYB AGX, and i will never look back on my decision, and also read that i was one of the best track and all around setups, for the simple reason of, i might not track, but if i decide thats what i want to do, i can.

I bought my springs used ( only one season on them ) for 80$
Then the struts/speings for 140$ each in front and 100$ each in back
Then got new top plates for 60$
used SVT rear sway for 40$
And then links all around for 50$

Total of : just a bit over 700$

RE: Thinking about lowering the Focus - wilky1989 - 04-19-2012

thanks this is really helping im doing a bit of research now ill keep you updated

RE: Thinking about lowering the Focus - GFXjamie - 04-20-2012

Coils are the best, only when you get top brands such as h+r, kw,bilstein

You can get racelands too, which are inexpensive, but Im sure longevity is questionable. I have them and so far have been awesome.

Springs+struts will give you a solid ride and handle well but not like a proper coilover.

If you want a budget spring shock combo, get a set of svt dampeners and eibach sportlines or prokit depending on drop you want.

RE: Thinking about lowering the Focus - stupica1 - 04-20-2012

Like GFXjamie said, if you want inexpensive go SVT damper kit ($300 shipped to your door from ford racing) and I used those with apex springs (i bought them used, but you get a full set new for a decent price) and they did the trick just fine.