FocusCanada Forums
Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Meetings and G2Gs (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? (/showthread.php?tid=20553)

Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - 13twenty - 08-23-2012

I know its extremely short notice, but anyone up for hitting the drag strip tonight? $20 runs from 7-11. Toronto motorsports park, Cayuga ont. And my car is dead stock so its slow lol. But who cares, cars are ment too be driven. Well let me know. If no interest I may wait till friday, maybe.

RE: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - NikiterZTS - 08-23-2012

I try to get people to go all the time on this site.....but no dice.

If you have a chance do open lapping there way more fun. I can get you a deal.

RE: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - 13twenty - 08-23-2012

Ya I figured that, for some reason people are afraid too drive their cars... and open lapping is a lil out of my budget, but agree it would be more fun.

If you let me know 1 week in advance I can probably get you in for $60-70.

That's a good deal, maybe one day lol

RE: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - GFXjamie - 08-23-2012

i was going to go, but im going to be at my dads for dinner instead Sad

my buddy with his cobalt and other with his GTI are going tho.

Racing > Dinner

RE: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - GFXjamie - 08-23-2012

i would agree, except we haven't gotten together for dinner in a couple months...

Racing=costing money
Dinner=dad gives me dinner and im not paying a dime

Lol I'd go with dinner too

RE: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - jtdanks - 08-23-2012

I'd be more down for open lapping and I'd need way more time in advance to make it to Cayuga lol with me living in the east end of the gta

(08-23-2012, 10:47 AM)jtdanks Wrote: I'd be more down for open lapping and I'd need way more time in advance to make it to Cayuga lol with me living in the east end of the gta

As I mentioned let me know if you wanna go on one of Wednesdays or Fridays open lapping and I will call my buddy to give you a lower rate. They run from 5pm till dusk.
I suggest for you to leave Toronto at least at 3pm. Usually people say it takes them 1.5 hours......somestimes 2.5 hours with traffic.

OP what did you run the other night?

RE: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - 13twenty - 08-24-2012

Lol let's not talk about that... High 16s, low 17s. It doesn't quite run right at the moment, thought I had it figured out but went back too being its self. Ah well.

RE: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - NikiterZTS - 08-24-2012

Change air filter, clean your MAF with electrical cleaner (it's a spray), might have to change spark plugs, sprak plug wires.
Basic stuff.

RE: Anyone up for a mini meet at TMP ? - 13twenty - 08-24-2012

Done all of the above, it wasn't very well maintained by the previous owners, too be honest I never should have bought it. I've just learned too live with it. Hopefully its getting replaced soon... Still wanna lap it though lol