FocusCanada Forums
A little bit more dip - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: A little bit more dip (/showthread.php?tid=21047)

A little bit more dip - Lucster1000 - 03-14-2013

I just ordered Plasti dip for the first time. Have to thank Ken for the amazing price! I tried it out one some my car and my wheels. I did an okay job for my first time dipping. I plan on doing my whole car soon, thinking gun metal grey.

This was my first attempt, I tried dipping the inside lip of the rims.
[attachment=736]

I dipped my upper and lower grill. Also dipped the bottom lip of my bumper. The smoked turn signals I also used the Matte black dip, just two coats and they look great.
[attachment=737]

RE: First time dipping - 2000zx3sct - 03-15-2013

very nice , really makes the front end pop.

RE: First time dipping - konafocuswrc - 03-15-2013

expected to see a skinny dipping...

RE: First time dipping - Lucster1000 - 04-01-2013

I have driven from Barrie to Trenton and back 3 times and drove to Montreal yesterday and the dip is holding up great, not even a scratch.

RE: A little bit more dip - Lucster1000 - 06-23-2013

Update on a little bit more dipping. Did my body work yesterday, touched up some forming rust spots on the rockers. I put a layer of rocker guard on them let it dry then put one can of dip on each rocker. Will see how it holds up throughout the year. I dipped the lower lip of the bumper to help it all blend in. I also dipped the front wind shield pillars to see how it looked and I think it looks pretty good.

[attachment=881]