FocusCanada Forums
Winter build thread: GFXjamie - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Winter build thread: GFXjamie (/showthread.php?tid=22018)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Winter build thread: GFXjamie - GFXjamie - 06-16-2014

"Breaking news!"

Was in boost and went boom. Seems this car shouldn't be driven on Sundays after I get it running proper. It seems to hate my efforts to keep it going. This time the cams are still spinning so looks like it may be time for another engine finally

[Image: 9a4e4umy.jpg]

RE: Winter build thread: GFXjamie - 07focus_st - 06-16-2014

Wow...

I just got it running perfect again Tuesday or Wednesday evening too... What a low blow

RE: Winter build thread: GFXjamie - ZTWsquared - 06-16-2014

(06-16-2014, 06:29 AM)07focus_st Wrote: Wow...

Wow indeed. What tune is this - same one you've been running all along?

It's a relatively base tune, however all last night I was on a cruise and beat the pants off it, earlier today I ran it out almost to red line and never skipped a beat. Wot it was fine, just lower on power and little extra fuel - it was safe

With that said it likely got weak from the last fight with the valves. I'll find out what's up and likely swap in a stock 2.0 for now and possibly build another

RE: Winter build thread: GFXjamie - Scorcher000 - 06-16-2014

Need an engine stand lol

RE: Winter build thread: GFXjamie - zx3kash - 06-16-2014

Built 2.3 time! You can get it done before H2oi ! Sell me the cage for some funds ahaha.

Actually I'm going to stick to the 2.0. It can handle a little more rev and has higher compression. I'm looking at either a accident car or wrecker motor to get me through and then decide after the summer my plan of attack for the current power plant. I would love to build it

RE: Winter build thread: GFXjamie - zx3kash - 06-16-2014

Ohh i thought you were going to build it one time and not drop a stock one back in.

I have spent to much time without this car and fighting issues, I just want to enjoy it for a season as I haven't been able to since 2012 when it started giving me clutch issues. Winter is down season plus with an extra motor I don't need to rush doing it.

RE: Winter build thread: GFXjamie - drunkinmonkey - 06-16-2014

rotten luck! Sad

Winter build thread: GFXjamie - GFXjamie - 06-20-2014

So I got a parts car last night. 05 sedan auto se accident car.

Keep an eye for a part out thread, if anyone needs any accessories, rear sub frame, tan interior that is mint whatever lol I will be stripping it clean and scrapping it. Has power doors also