FocusCanada Forums
Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? (/showthread.php?tid=22026)

Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? - Scourge - 01-10-2014

Hey Guys,

I'm in a bit of a bind at the moment. In the recent snowy weather, the FRPP suspension kit has revealed that it threw my alignment much further out of whack than I realized. To the point where the car isn't safe to drive on anything but clear pavement (Hard to find this week).

The alignment shop doesn't think the stock toe adjustment will be enough without correcting the camber first (on the rear end), leaving me in urgent need of a set of camber bolts.

Wondering if anyone has a set lying around that they'd be willing to sell or have replaced in the near future. I'm trying to avoid the shipping delays to get my car back on the road. Best I've been able to find so far would get the bolts to me late next week.

I live in Cambridge/work in Mississauga and could borrow a car to meet up somewhere in the Cambridge/Hamilton/Mississauga area (or in between). If anyone is able to assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-George

RE: Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? - Scorcher000 - 01-12-2014

Sry buddy I've got nothing. I just went and bought all the adjustable arms I could.

When you go low on the back it will wear the s**t out of the tires instantly

RE: Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? - ZTWsquared - 01-13-2014

Sorry George - I've got nothing that will help in the short term. If you end up ordering something from the US, I can help expedite it.

RE: Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? - Scourge - 01-16-2014

Thanks guys,

I ended up ordering through Steeda - should have them this afternoon.

Although I swear Murphy has a hate on for me right now. First, the mechanic I usually use had the heat go out in his shop, freezing the pipes, which burst and flooded the place. Then the alignment shop figured out I needed the camber bolts which caused a week delay. And now the alternate mechanic is on vacation for the next week!

-George

RE: Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? - drunkinmonkey - 01-17-2014

wish I read this earlier. we stock eibach camber bolts

Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? - GFXjamie - 01-17-2014

Alignment shop should be able to install bolts to depending where you are going. If you need them put in so shop can adjust let me know and I can help if need be

RE: Camber Issues - Bolt Kit? - Scourge - 01-18-2014

Thanks again for the offers. I ended up going to the Beverly Tire on Hespler (I don't get under the car in the cold Smile). Very happy with the service, took them just shy of an hour to do the camber bolts, paid the shop rate. Alignment went perfect after.

For those searching in the future for the FRPP springs M-5560-ZX3B and struts/shocks M-18000-ZX3B combo. On my 2007 ZX4 SES which was otherwise stock (in the suspension dept) the camber on the front end went from -0.4/-0.7 before installing the kit to -0.9/-1.4 after. The impact on toe was -0.07/-0.06 to -.11/-.28. On the rear of the car, camber went from -1.1/-1.4 to -1.8/-2.1 and the toe went from 0.21/0.20 to 0.60/0.69. This is obviously very not ok to drive on.

The front end camber I can live with and the toe is no issue to adjust. I may have been able to get the toe in spec on the rear without camber bolts, but I didn't want to chance it (and pay for two alignments in a row). So with the rear camber bolts installed we were able to set it to -1.0/-1.1 and then with the stock adjusters for toe, we had no problem hitting 0.10 on each side.

No more ice skates in the snow!!

*All measurements in Degrees, not inches!!*

-George