FocusCanada Forums
2003 zetec , a/c not working - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: 2003 zetec , a/c not working (/showthread.php?tid=22446)

2003 zetec , a/c not working - Lucster1000 - 04-24-2015

Last week when the weather was warmer i decided to see if my a/c was going to work again. Last year I had to refill it. I had them put the tracing fluid in so if there was a leak I could see it. There is no leaking fluid I can find. I did notice the pulley on the a/c compressor was not spinning when I pushed the a/c button in the car. Could compressor be pooched? I am going to try a recharge using a recharge kit. It's a pain but having a/c during summer is nice some times.

RE: 2003 zetec , a/c not working - 2000zx3sct - 04-24-2015

I gotta fix mine also . I tried a re-charge and it didn't work

RE: 2003 zetec , a/c not working - drunkinmonkey - 04-24-2015

a/c compressor is pretty common to go. the clutch system wears out and wont grab anymore. for the price of a new pump I don't think its worth it.. might want to go to a pick n' pull maybe. but then you're taking a chance

RE: 2003 zetec , a/c not working - MikkelRS - 04-24-2015

Pull the clutch off the front of the compressor, sand it down with Emory cloth, clean out the centre part so that it slides in nice and easy, put it together and enjoy a new (rebuilt) clutch Smile might only last a year or two, but it's easy enough to do.