FocusCanada Forums
Amp Question - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Amp Question (/showthread.php?tid=2510)

Amp Question - ANTHONYD - 10-15-2008

Hey guys.
Had the rear seat down yesterday as I had a chunk of lumber in the trunk.

When I started the car up, I noticed the amp was making a crazy high pitched tone (not out of the speakers) it was the amp itself.
I must have one of the settings messed up.
Does anyone know what it might be?

Thanks.

a.

Amp Question - Oscar The Grouch - 10-15-2008

Is there any noticable change in the sound from the sub? Maybe the lowpass filter was turned up by accident.

Amp Question - Scorcher000 - 10-15-2008

Maybe one of the wires is touching or its just that time to get a new one.

Amp Question - Oscar The Grouch - 10-15-2008

Scorcher000,Oct 14 2008, 12:20 PM Wrote:Maybe one of the wires is touching or its just that time to get a new one.
[right][snapback]274521[/snapback][/right]

Bad ground?

Ya maybe, but you'd ussually ge that noise from the speaker for the ground. The amp is making the noise, what kind of amp is it????

Amp Question - ANTHONYD - 10-15-2008

Clarion 4-channel.
It's a GOOD amp.
I'll have a look at the bypass tonight.

Ya I know I was going to get it but I went with the Sony GT-R's anyways I can't remember if it has pc fans in it or not. They might be causing it to make noise.

Amp Question - paolo - 12-13-2008

Often a bad ground, or power wire can cause this. Double check your grounds, make sure if the wire is bolted into the unibody its secure. Also a nice tip is to check your grounding points and if needed sand away any primer or paint on the metal, then re-bolt the wire terminal. This will ensure a solid connection and not disrupt any electrical current.

Hope this helps!!