FocusCanada Forums
Ads By Google - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Support (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site Support/Updates (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Ads By Google (/showthread.php?tid=254)

Ads By Google - Focus man. Focus. - 03-01-2010

Is it only me or is everyone seeing the "Ads by Google" at the top of every forum page? Not that I am complaining but it is covering the Focus Canada link which takes you back to the Main Page. Can we move this link elsewhere?

Ads By Google - Tiketz - 03-01-2010

Ya whats with that....I can only see the ads on the main bottom page

Ads By Google - paolo - 03-01-2010

no ads here. guess i am lucky.

Ads By Google - Jmountney1 - 03-01-2010

i see ads on half of the fc logo

Ads By Google - darkpuppet - 03-01-2010

what browsers are you guys using?

never been a big fan of the div layout style, but it should look better for you guys now.

Ads By Google - Tiketz - 03-01-2010

Better but why the ads now

Ads By Google - euro_zx5 - 03-01-2010

The ads aren't bothering me... but I think more yearly massive meets are in order this upcoming season! I loved the Niagara cruises... and bbq's at AD's! I'd be more than willing to pay for these events to support the site.

I'm using Google Chrome.

Ads By Google - paolo - 03-01-2010

weird how people hav a hard time answering a simple question, im using Firefox, but you knew that if you were to check the logs, lol.

Ads By Google - Frost__2001 - 03-01-2010

yeah I just noticed them too, I'm running window 7.

I like the fusion one at the bottom of the main page though.

Ads By Google - mo_focus - 03-01-2010

Ads are for making money. So click on them and every click usually gets puppet some money and hopefully it can help him to pay for some of the site costs.

Great idea. You should have done this years ago!

Ads By Google - euro_zx5 - 03-01-2010

mo_focus,Feb 28 2010, 08:33 PM Wrote:Ads are for making money. So click on them and every click usually gets puppet some money and hopefully it can help him to pay for some of the site costs.

Great idea. You should have done this years ago!
[right][snapback]302385[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. Already done my part after each visit usually.

Ideally, I would rather keep advertising for people more vested in our community, but advertisers never really materialized.. and when we had sponsors, I never saw a penny, and they thought they owned the site.

*ahem*

so altruism aside, I went with the (hopefully) least obtrusive alternative, and the site has seen more in the last day than it's seen in the past 5 years ($0.69!!!)... it was the right thing to do for the site as we aim to reduce costs and increase giveback to the community.

Anyways.. let me know if you're having troubles with the new ads -- your browsing experience is paramount.

Ads By Google - oldeguy - 03-02-2010

Ads are good, if it'll help Steve's wallet. Just stay away from any General Motors or Honduh adds please............. B)