FocusCanada Forums
Brake Group Buy - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Group Buys (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: Brake Group Buy (/showthread.php?tid=429)

Pages: 1 2

Brake Group Buy - ZTWsquared - 01-20-2010

I know I'll be buying some rotors and pads this spring for the upcoming track season and I suspect I'm not alone.

For myself I was thinking of getting my parts in March, but April or even May would be okay too.

So ... what does everyone think?

Brake Group Buy - meford4u - 01-20-2010

Need em for the stinkin

Brake Group Buy - shadowzx3 - 01-20-2010

Just for more information, I'll definitely be looking at buying the rally full brake kit for the car, everything is going to need a big overhaul this year!

Brake Group Buy - OAC_Sparky - 01-20-2010

I'll need new rotors and pads before the 18"s go on...

Brake Group Buy - hardk0re - 01-20-2010

I need rotors/pads for the freestar do I still qualify :P

Brake Group Buy - NefCanuck - 01-20-2010

What sort of parts are you looking at stock or "decidedly more than"? I'm actually thinking a set (or maybe slightly better) than you have on your Fusion would look real nice under the 'Stang rims come the warm weather ;)

NefCanuck

Brake Group Buy - Burnin21 - 01-20-2010

I might be interest depending on what type of rotors/pads are available. Just let me know :)

Brake Group Buy - Oscar The Grouch - 01-20-2010

Put me down for a maybe in march. I know I need at least front pads for now. Not sure if I'm going to do new rotors and maybe a rear svt kit.

Brake Group Buy - NikiterZTS - 01-20-2010

Hawk HP Plus for '06 WRX if you can get them

Brake Group Buy - Gravter - 01-20-2010

I'll be needing pads/rotors also, but since I'm so far, I would lose the deal with shipping fees!

Brake Group Buy - Scorcher000 - 01-20-2010

Hmm... I wouldn't mind seeing what you have first cause I was going to get into a dealership with R1 Concpets.
Let me know what you got Ken.

Brake Group Buy - ZTWsquared - 01-20-2010

I have an account with an authorized warehouse distributor for most major brake parts (as opposed to grey market parts) ... and so the brands that I can get deals on are listed below ... and so naturally this includes basically any product they sell for any make or model.

Axxis/Repco, Baer, Brembo, Centric, Classic Tube, Cryo, DBA, EBC, Hawk, Goodridge, Master Power (classics only), NHT, Nuchin, OEM, Power Stop, Power Slot, Rotex, Russell, SSBC, StopTech.

As for those of you at a distance from the GTA, perhaps we could figure out a way to use our vast FC network to eliminate or reduce the additional cost ... and there's always the possibility the parts would still be cheaper even with shipping.

In any event, looking at the poll results so far, two things seem evident ... there's some interest in doing this, and it looks like we have a couple of months to figure it out.

My PM inbox gets full every couple of days, so if anyone wants more info, please feel free to send an email to ken_ken52[at]hotmail.com.

And finally LOL - Daniel I thought my dimpled and slotted EBC rotors looked pretty damned good behind my MOMO rims - better get out the chequebook boyo if you want something substantially better. [/gauntlet thrown]

Brake Group Buy - Scorcher000 - 01-21-2010

Sounds good Ken hook us up.

Brake Group Buy - Focus man. Focus. - 01-21-2010

I should be in the Market this spring. Lets get some pricing so I can start saving. Some sort of slotted rotors & Green Stuff Pads.

Brake Group Buy - habmann - 01-21-2010

I'd be interested, gonna need brakes front and rear probably in the spring for my grand prix.

Brake Group Buy - tetra - 01-21-2010

I don't need yet, maybe next time :)
Do you guys usually do a group buy of some kind for tires every spring as well?

Brake Group Buy - NefCanuck - 01-21-2010

ZTWsquared,Jan 19 2010, 11:25 PM Wrote:And finally LOL - Daniel I thought my dimpled and slotted EBC rotors looked pretty damned good behind my MOMO rims - better get out the chequebook boyo if you want something substantially better. [/gauntlet thrown]
[right][snapback]299846[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Guantlet returned sheepishly, as much as I would love to put the Brembos on the front end, just to trump you, the cost is astronomical, just for parts alone (and it assumes that the Bremos would even fit behind the rims I have :ph34r:)

How are the EBC rotors looking after at least "some" type of winter driving? I'd probably want to pair those rotors with the Hawk Ceramic Pads to be able to dive into turns 9 & 10 at Mosport without fearing for my instructors life :P

NefCanuck

Brake Group Buy - CanadaSVT - 01-21-2010

Just had a bad flashback! Brake Group Buy

Brake Group Buy - DRyanC - 01-21-2010

I'm in the need for brakes come spring/summer time, so I'm in, depending on prices. I need fronts and rears (drums). Something stock size but better than, I need to fit them under the 14in snows. Let me know when.

DRyanC

Brake Group Buy - ZTWsquared - 01-21-2010

CanadaSVT,Jan 20 2010, 04:19 PM Wrote:Just had a bad flashback!  Brake Group Buy
[right][snapback]299884[/snapback][/right]
Oh man yeah ... LOL ... his ears are probably still burning from the roasting he got from Meford - and deservedly so. I have a high degree of confidence that it will be entirely differen this time 'round ... under new management.