FocusCanada Forums
Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Newfoundland (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership (/showthread.php?tid=4940)

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - CanadaSVT - 08-16-2007

Story

:angry: I am disgusted by this dealership. Ford of Canada better step in or it will look just as bad, if not worse. :angry:

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - Flofocus - 08-16-2007

PATHETIC :angry:

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - NOS2Go4Me - 08-16-2007

While I don't agree with the Afghanistan mission, EVERY SINGLE CANADIAN that serves overseas deserves the right to return to their job if they are a reservist. They deserve that and much more. They're giving up their personal safety to attempt to salvage the safety of others. That's all I'll say to that effect because the story is about the soldier, not the mission.

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - NefCanuck - 08-16-2007

The fact that the law fails to protect people in this situation is disgusting.

The fact that the dealership chose to dismiss him is that much worse :anger:

NefCanuck

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - ZTWsquared - 08-16-2007

Disgusting ... let's hope that the local and national backlash is harsh ... we might just see the dealership backtracking tomorrow ... just like Sobey's (??national food chain) did when they tried to stop veterans handing out poppies.

CanadaSVT,Aug 15 2007, 11:26 AM Wrote:Story

:angry: I am disgusted by this dealership.  Ford of Canada better step in or it will look just as bad, if not worse. :angry:
[right][snapback]246763[/snapback][/right]

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - meford4u - 08-16-2007

Um, ah.............that's bad. Real bad.

I'm making a phone call. Be right back. Hopefully with results.

I'll explain in a minute the personal connection my family has to that dealership. Okay I'll take 2 mintues before I call.

When my father worked for Ford of Canada, in the 70's his job was to go into the dealers that had failed and were bought back by Ford and turn them around. This was one of those dealers. The dealership is actually located in St. John's with little mini (almost like what we see here as a backyard mechanic with 3 cars for sale in the front yard) splinter "dealers" located in, I believe at the time, Stephenville and Corner Brook. That may have changed.

So off I go to call Dad.

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - SVT ZX3 - 08-16-2007

That's pretty rough. Shame on whomever made that decision.

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - Frost__2001 - 08-16-2007

something like this should be protected by law, not to mention this is bad not only for Ford, but also that former manager of that dealership... very Disgusting indeed.

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - FocusGuy7476 - 08-16-2007

should have a crew park a tank on the owners car.

seriously that is not right at all, and i agree there should be laws against such actions. This man is basically a veteran of a conflict.

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - scotiacustom - 08-16-2007

booooooooooo horrible... shame on Ford and that Dealer.

We can protect people that dont want to work on sunday by law? But not things like this???

I say again BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Army Reservist 'let Go' By Ford Dealership - NikiterZTS - 08-17-2007

if you're in a conflict like that, you have to go back to that manager and ask him "What would Jesus do?"