FocusCanada Forums
Trouble Code - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Trouble Code (/showthread.php?tid=5270)

Trouble Code - kamilk69 - 07-04-2007

i got a P1120 trouble code in the focus, it says it a tps sensor code, just wondering if anyone has had one of these problems, and what the solution was,

its probably something small and stupid, but i kind of dont feel like diagnosing the proplem, plus i hate wiring so i dont even want to start with the wiriing harnes. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trouble Code - oldeguy - 07-04-2007

kamilk69,Jul 3 2007, 11:45 PM Wrote:i got a P1120 trouble code in the focus, it says it a tps sensor code, just wondering if anyone has had one of these problems, and what the solution was,

its probably something small and stupid, but i kind of dont feel like diagnosing the proplem, plus i hate wiring so i dont even want to start with the wiriing harnes. so any help would be greatly appreciated.
[right][snapback]243036[/snapback][/right]
What year is your Focus? I had a TPS code, cost me $400.00. Ford redid the throttle body and the wiring harness on the 2000 Zetec.

Trouble Code - hardk0re - 07-04-2007

~ $50 for a new TPS at ford, its a 5 minute install.

Trouble Code - konafocuswrc - 07-05-2007

did you install 65mm throttle body??
if you did, you may broke sensor..

like hardk0re says, it is easy 5 min job.

Trouble Code - kamilk69 - 07-14-2007

no i havent touched the throttle body at all, i think its because im not running a bov and its abused the throttle body,

i cleared the code, ill see if it comes back.