FocusCanada Forums
20 Gb Ipod Trouble - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: 20 Gb Ipod Trouble (/showthread.php?tid=7701)

20 Gb Ipod Trouble - Focus man. Focus. - 10-27-2006

Well I am sitting at my desk at work listening to my iPod like I do every day when all of a sudden it quits. I cannot re boot it and all I get on the screen is a sad little iPod. I check the on-line help section and do the setps to switch it to disc mode and nothing.

So at lunch I go off to Sherway Gardens and go into the Apple store and have them take a look at it and check my waranty. Well it turns out the Hard Disc is on its way out and I am out of manufacturers warranty, by 3 weeks. But I have an extended warranty from Future Shop so I go there after work tonight and turn it in for repair. Well 4 to 6 weeks from now they should be able to tell me what is wrong with it. If it is not repairable or it will cost to mush to fix I will be getting a 30GB Video as a replacement.

Hopefully it wont take as long as they say but what can I do? Live goes on, only without my music.

20 Gb Ipod Trouble - NefCanuck - 10-27-2006

Y'see it's stories like this that make me wary of buying a HD based iPod...

Here's hoping they can diagnose things quickly for you...

Of course I have no idea whether or not the iTrip for the Focus will work with a Nano iPod yet :rolleyes:

NefCanuck

20 Gb Ipod Trouble - Focus man. Focus. - 10-27-2006

NefCanuck,Oct 26 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:Y'see it's stories like this that make me wary of buying a HD based iPod...

Here's hoping they can diagnose things quickly for you...

Of course I have no idea whether or not the iTrip for the Focus will work with a Nano iPod yet :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]213512[/snapback][/right]

Well after my experience at the Apple store at Sherway Gardens I would suggest you go there. They were very helpfull. I am sure if you only went in looking for information they would be more than acomidating. BTW its full of every Apple computer on the market.

20 Gb Ipod Trouble - reldridge - 10-28-2006

If you're leary, I'd suggest buying an AppleCare waranty. They are pretty all encompasing. Not the cheapest, but you deal direct with Apple.

Ryan

RE: 20 Gb Ipod Trouble - Mystake - 04-16-2011

Kev this doesn't sound so bad... broken 20gb Ipod, and you might get a 30gb instead?

I'd wait 4-6 weeks for that.

RE: 20 Gb Ipod Trouble - Focus man. Focus. - 04-16-2011

Check the date of this thread. I've been through 2 iTouches and now I'm on an iPhone. Spammers bringing stuff back from the dead.

RE: 20 Gb Ipod Trouble - Mystake - 04-17-2011

hahaha damn it.