FocusCanada Forums
Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi (/showthread.php?tid=7792)

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - Frost__2001 - 10-19-2006

Ford and BP open hydrogen station in Michigan
October 18, 2006

Taylor, Michigan - The Ford Motor Company, BP and the City of Taylor, Michigan have opened a new hydrogen station that will fuel a fleet of Ford Focus fuel cell vehicles.

"The opening of this station represents a step forward for hydrogen as a motor fuel," says Gerhard Schmidt, vice president, research & advanced engineering, Ford Motor Company. "We have made much progress in hydrogen propulsion over the past 15 years and this is another excellent milestone to commemorate."

The city is using four of the Focus vehicles as full-time city vehicles. Ford currently has a fleet of 30 hydrogen-powered Focus fuel cell vehicles on the road as part of a worldwide, seven-city program to conduct real-world testing of fuel cell technology.

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - DD1 - 10-19-2006

your Mr news report keep up the good work my fellow ford sub compact car buddy

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - ZX5focused - 10-19-2006

DD1,Oct 18 2006, 03:04 PM Wrote:your Mr news report  keep up the good work my fellow ford sub compact car buddy
[right][snapback]212308[/snapback][/right]

its good to see you are still a contributing member to the site!!! :lol:

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - Frost__2001 - 10-19-2006

I usually post these types of topics so people know what's going on and generate some converstations on anything really just so it's not so borring round here on slow days.

heres pics of the cars, i meant to post these after the Dream Cruise in August

[Image: IMG_2305.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2304.jpg]

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - Flofocus - 10-19-2006

Yo dood, check out my battery

interesting body work on the front too eh??

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - habmann - 10-19-2006

I'd like to see a pic of the front end with the hood closed. But as it stands it really doesn't look that bad.

habmann,Oct 18 2006, 07:54 PM Wrote:I'd like to see a pic of the front end with the hood closed. But as it stands it really doesn't look that bad.
[right][snapback]212394[/snapback][/right]

ya the grill has an interesting shape to it

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - NOS2Go4Me - 10-19-2006

I'd buy one tomorrow if it could survive the winters here.

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - habmann - 10-20-2006

I'm not really sure why ford would build a new front bumper and grill for the Hydrogen focus. The fog lights don't really work for me on that.

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - ZX5focused - 10-20-2006

habmann,Oct 19 2006, 10:34 AM Wrote:I'm not really sure why ford would build a new front bumper and grill for the Hydrogen focus. The fog lights don't really work for me on that.
[right][snapback]212513[/snapback][/right]

i'll bet that they are hand made, its an extremely low volume vehicle that are all hand built

Ford And Bp Open Hydrogen Station In Mi - DD1 - 10-21-2006

hp sucks but I bet it has kick A$$ tq numbers