FocusCanada Forums
The Official Nhl Thread! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: The Official Nhl Thread! (/showthread.php?tid=7965)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

The Official Nhl Thread! - FocusGuy7476 - 05-13-2007

thanks to the Sens winning I made a little money tonight.

The Official Nhl Thread! - torradan - 05-13-2007

I told my brother last night as they announced the refs and I heard VanMunchenson or whatever that dick's name is, we were losing.

Its still not over. When we've lost 4 games, then I've given up. :)

Sabres started playing good, and just died out.

But in the end, if we do get knocked out.. I'll be a Sens' fan, as much as it pains me.

Wife's friend sent me a picture last night in the 3rd.. Mish was wearing a Sens' jersey (and no, she wasn't nekkid underneath it.. bummer). I almost started looking up the yellow pages for divorce lawyers.

The Official Nhl Thread! - PDW - 05-14-2007

Well, I was honestly worried in the first.. the Sabres came out firing.. There were alot of penalties called on us too so I really was concerned.. And before you say anything about the Alfie hit dont forget the crosscheck from behind on Corvo and Kelly that lead to goals.. Both sides got away with a few...

Thankfully the boys pulled it togethor until Briere (sp?) scored.. Which was because of a stupid call in the first place having the faceoff in our end... Volchenkov slid into our own net and didnt even knock it off but they called it (????)... If play woulda kept on instead of that faceoff I think it woulda been over in the third cuz they cleared it after he was in the net and there was about 20 seconds or so left..woulda taken that long to go down get the puck and come back and setup a play.....

Monday is my dayoff.. Finally a gameday to myself... going for some wings and cold ones at St.louis or Next Door (new bar)... Should be a good one since Buffalo cannot affrod to go down 3...

GO SENS !

The Official Nhl Thread! - focusonthis_88 - 05-14-2007

Monday, The Sens are going to have the support of the fans of Ottawa!!! THEY CAN''T LOOSE!!!!!

GO SENS GO!

The Official Nhl Thread! - torradan - 05-14-2007

Man I do NOT have a good feeling about this game tonight. Plus it looks like Tallinder won't be playing either.

Starting to think its going to be over Wednesday at this rate.

The feeling I have in my stomach is worse than the feeling I had in 99.

The Official Nhl Thread! - oldeguy - 05-14-2007

torradan,May 14 2007, 07:07 AM Wrote:Man I do NOT have a good feeling about this game tonight.  Plus it looks like Tallinder won't be playing either.

Starting to think its going to be over Wednesday at this rate.

The feeling I have in my stomach is worse than the feeling I had in 99.
[right][snapback]238359[/snapback][/right]
Now you know what it feels like to be a Leaf fan. I am very sorry that you are feeling the way you do.

The Official Nhl Thread! - SVT ZX3 - 05-15-2007

Wow, pretty s***ty officiating on Sunday night....tough for the Wings to pull out a win when the refs don't blow the whistle until AFTER Hasek gets pushed into the net.

The Official Nhl Thread! - PDW - 05-15-2007

round 3 ... GO SENS...
is tallinder playing ?

The Official Nhl Thread! - Flofocus - 05-15-2007

[Image: sweep2.jpg]

**this pic does not represent the true feelings of the poster.

The Official Nhl Thread! - NefCanuck - 05-15-2007

Okay WTH? :blink: Buffalo is playing like chickens with their heads cut off at this point and unless Ruff has a miracle hidden up his arm the Sabres are deader than a doornail.... :ph34r:

NefCanuck

The Official Nhl Thread! - torradan - 05-15-2007

Yeah definately playing like crap, thats for sure!

That goal almost made me cry.. what a fluke!

Still no excuse for the rest of the team, nothing Miller could have done with that one, except to fall down 1 second later where he would have covered it up. If it wasn't for him it would have been 10-0.

I still haven't given up yet.

wow....honestly never thought anyone would be up on buffalo 3-0.... theyre dead out there.. whats going on.. is everyone pissed at lindy for calling them out all the time ???

aside from that I really cant hold in my excitement... I mean we're up 3-0 in the conference finals... Oh Man this is great.. GO SENS !!!!!

The Official Nhl Thread! - NefCanuck - 05-15-2007

PDW,May 14 2007, 09:57 PM Wrote:wow....honestly never thought anyone would be up on buffalo 3-0.... theyre dead out there.. whats going on.. is everyone pissed at lindy for calling them out all the time ???

aside from that I really cant hold in my excitement... I mean we're up 3-0 in the conference finals... Oh Man this is great.. GO SENS !!!!!
[right][snapback]238473[/snapback][/right]

While CBC must be happier than a pig at slop time, NBC must be getting ready to commit suicide, esp. if Anehiem wins the west...

The finals on NBC would get outdrawn by old "Lost" reruns :lol:

NefCanuck

^^^ as long as there are no 3 in the afternoon games is all good.. I hate that

The Official Nhl Thread! - oldeguy - 05-15-2007

torradan,May 14 2007, 10:21 PM Wrote:Yeah definately playing like crap, thats for sure!

That goal almost made me cry.. what a fluke!

Still no excuse for the rest of the team, nothing Miller could have done with that one, except to fall down 1 second later where he would have covered it up.  If it wasn't for him it would have been 10-0.

I still haven't given up yet.
[right][snapback]238466[/snapback][/right]
Spoken like a true fan. Is the real Buffalo team showing it's colours, or is Ottawa playing that good right now.

If Briere(sp?) is wanting to get big bucks in Free agency land, he better do something. I'm not impressed. It seemed like the only guy who was trying to do something was Afinagenoff(sp?). and Miller. Even during the regular season, Miller saved there butts more than once.

The Official Nhl Thread! - torradan - 05-15-2007

I think Ottawa is just playing that good. They're everywhere they should be. They aren't screwing off staring at the ceiling. Playing hard for 60 minutes, which is more than I can say for my team. At least it was held at 1-0, which means the timbits gave it a little effort.

I think the fans want this more than the team does.

The Official Nhl Thread! - SVT ZX3 - 05-16-2007

LETS GO WINGS TONIGHT!

The Official Nhl Thread! - PDW - 05-16-2007

torradan,May 15 2007, 01:49 PM Wrote:I think Ottawa is just playing that good.  They're everywhere they should be.  They aren't screwing off staring at the ceiling.  Playing hard for 60 minutes, which is more than I can say for my team.  At least it was held at 1-0, which means the timbits gave it a little effort.

I think the fans want this more than the team does.
[right][snapback]238507[/snapback][/right]
I dont know about the effort.. Ya our D was strong but if it wasnt for miller making some good stops it woulda been a blowout.. him and afinogenov (sp?) were the only two who showed up last night

The Official Nhl Thread! - NOS2Go4Me - 05-16-2007

What's with the blatant assault on the goalies, Ottawa's in particular? A few of the Sabres need their heads taken off after what I saw last night.

Buffalo needs to string more than 2 passes together in order to make it into Ottawa's defensive end and get some shots.

Buffalo's goalie needs a few rounds bought for him... he's the only guy that showed up last night.

The Official Nhl Thread! - Flofocus - 05-16-2007

NOS2Go4Me,May 15 2007, 10:16 AM Wrote:What's with the blatant assault on the goalies, Ottawa's in particular? A few of the Sabres need their heads taken off after what I saw last night.

Buffalo needs to string more than 2 passes together in order to make it into Ottawa's defensive end and get some shots.

Buffalo's goalie needs a few rounds bought for him... he's the only guy that showed up last night.
[right][snapback]238513[/snapback][/right]

theyre trying to get into Emerys head. Good for them, hate that guy.

He got 2nd star last night. Made 15 saves. Pathetic.

Emery is lucky his defense is playing like they should, they make him look like a patrick roy. Which he is not. Far from it.