FocusCanada Forums
Detailing Products - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: The Detailing Bay (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Detailing Products (/showthread.php?tid=9851)

Pages: 1 2

Detailing Products - focusonthis_88 - 05-04-2006

Which product should we used for detailing? There's alot...wich are the best.

Detailing Products - microbunny - 05-04-2006

That all depends...what do you want to detail!? :)

I can recommend a million great products but what are you wanting to do?!

Car soap?

WAx/polishes

compounds

buffers/tools

sprays

rim/wheel cleaner!?

etc...

Detailing Products - torradan - 05-04-2006

What type of buffer would you recommend? I'm very afraid of screwing it up and destroying the paint.

And for rim/wheel cleaners? I have this annoying.. brown? colored stuff on my rims that I'm having a hell of a time removing. Its not brake dust, and not quite sure what it is.

Oh yeah, and the paint has some swirls.. recommendations? They aren't bad, but they are annoying. As well as acouple of scratches, thanks to untarped trucks dumping rocks on me.

microbunny,May 3 2006, 08:44 PM Wrote:That all depends...what do you want to detail!? :)

I can recommend a million great products but what are you wanting to do?!

Car soap?

WAx/polishes

compounds

buffers/tools

sprays

rim/wheel cleaner!?

etc...
[right][snapback]185137[/snapback][/right]

Everything you need to detail a car.

torradan,May 3 2006, 09:05 PM Wrote:What type of buffer would you recommend?  I'm very afraid of screwing it up and destroying the paint.

And for rim/wheel cleaners?  I have this annoying.. brown? colored stuff on my rims that I'm having a hell of a time removing.  Its not brake dust, and not quite sure what it is.

Oh yeah, and the paint has some swirls.. recommendations?  They aren't bad, but they are annoying.  As well as  acouple of scratches, thanks to untarped trucks dumping rocks on me.
[right][snapback]185143[/snapback][/right]

If you have never used an orbital buffer before I recommend you dont just get one and try it on your own ride,.,,plus they can run $150-300+

I'd recommend you get a small orbital/palm polisher 6", 7"..and that will be a great little tool thats easy to use and wont f*** up anything!

Rims//there are many products, the turtlewax platinum wheel cleaner is good, also simoniz rim cleaner, GUNK, ...thats all I can think of..I use acid at work but it commercial chemical--..by the way..an old toothbrush is a great tool for rims.

as for swirls.. meguiars mirrorglaze swirl remover on a small orbital or by hand in a circular motion...allow to haze/dry and then wipe clean with microfiber...that should remover alot of light surface defects!
hope that helps

focusonthis_88,May 3 2006, 09:19 PM Wrote:Everything you need to detail a car.
[right][snapback]185147[/snapback][/right]

ummm..

pick a decent soap you like..(hint--dish soap works just as well as store bought car wash soap) All you wanna do is remover the dirt/grease...--the green palmolive liquid dish soap is awesome on cars...

you can use a mitt or towel..I like using a simoniz sheepskin mitt I found at crappytire...

get some firemans chamois or regular chamois for dryin'

as for rims/wheel--turtlewax wheelcleaner is good--simoniz cleaner also

as for glass--vinigar and water, simplegreen, however..if you got tinted windows do not use any ammonia or acid based cleaners...thats what turns the tint purple!!

as for plastic, vinyl, rubber...armorall is still very decent..(although I actually use paste wax on a sponge/pad) turtlewax, meguiars, simoniz, eagle1 all make paste waxes that are good!

as for chrome--and compound, swirl remover, polish...etc..should pull off any goo or stains on chrome

always try to use microfibre towels on paint and whenever removing wax/polish...etc..to avoid scratches

as for tyre...I am lookin into a product that is like a spray-on silicone jelly...not 100% yet so I wont recommend it....

umm..thats a start...hows that1?

microbunny,May 3 2006, 09:53 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,May 3 2006, 09:19 PM Wrote:Everything you need to detail a car.
[right][snapback]185147[/snapback][/right]

ummm..

pick a decent soap you like..(hint--dish soap works just as well as store bought car wash soap) All you wanna do is remover the dirt/grease...--the green palmolive liquid dish soap is awesome on cars...

you can use a mitt or towel..I like using a simoniz sheepskin mitt I found at crappytire...

get some firemans chamois or regular chamois for dryin'

as for rims/wheel--turtlewax wheelcleaner is good--simoniz cleaner also

as for glass--vinigar and water, simplegreen, however..if you got tinted windows do not use any ammonia or acid based cleaners...thats what turns the tint purple!!

as for plastic, vinyl, rubber...armorall is still very decent..(although I actually use paste wax on a sponge/pad) turtlewax, meguiars, simoniz, eagle1 all make paste waxes that are good!

as for chrome--and compound, swirl remover, polish...etc..should pull off any goo or stains on chrome

always try to use microfibre towels on paint and whenever removing wax/polish...etc..to avoid scratches

as for tyre...I am lookin into a product that is like a spray-on silicone jelly...not 100% yet so I wont recommend it....

umm..thats a start...hows that1?
[right][snapback]185158[/snapback][/right]

That's perfect...thax alot!

Detailing Products - meford4u - 05-04-2006

hey bunnykins. Your not opening up and telling them the products I brought to the table that you were impressed with.

Firstly, There is nothing better for rim cleaner than the commercial acid bunny used on my rims. 8 year old grime with brake dust build up gone in 60 seconds with no scrubbing. I was amazed. Bunny, I want some. You sell me some or else!

Window cleaner. The best by far for any window is Bon Ami. C tire carries it.

Wax...Meguiars NXT was what we used this weekend. Simple. Easy and great stuff.

Stick with Meguiars and you won't go wrong. if you want the pro stuff, NAPA carries it if you order it in.

Oh, and the wheel shine bunny uses is available country wide at your local Krown Shop. It's the best.

And pick up some of their Mink oil for interior detailing. It last atleast 10 days and the ladies love the smell. A nice sheen that isn't too shiny, if you know what I mean.

I never told you bunny, but I used to work at the Ford dealer as a youngin for my dad years ago. So I knew what we were doing this weekend. I know we both learned from each other and the end result was fanfriggindidleydotastic. :lol:

meford4u,May 3 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:I never told you bunny, but I used to work at the Ford dealer as a youngin for my dad years ago.  So I knew what we were doing this weekend.  I know we both learned from each other and the end result was fanfriggindidleydotastic. :lol:
[right][snapback]185162[/snapback][/right]

Wow..

I thought that dumb expression was just your normal face~ :)

I've been HAD~!

microbunny,May 3 2006, 10:23 PM Wrote:
meford4u,May 3 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:I never told you bunny, but I used to work at the Ford dealer as a youngin for my dad years ago.  So I knew what we were doing this weekend.  I know we both learned from each other and the end result was fanfriggindidleydotastic. :lol:

Wow..

I thought that dumb expression was just your normal face~ :)

I've been HAD~!
[right][snapback]185173[/snapback][/right]

How about a five finger slap BIATCH?

Time to whore up the new section

Should we tell them about wetsanding?

Detailing Products - MAlby7 - 05-04-2006

meford4u,May 3 2006, 10:28 PM Wrote:Should we tell them about wetsanding?
[right][snapback]185176[/snapback][/right]

I'd love to learn hot to wet sand/polish with the polisher. I know if done incorrectly it can cause serious damage.

Detailing Products - torradan - 05-04-2006

meford4u,May 3 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:hey bunnykins. 

fanfriggindidleydotastic.

:fag:

torradan,May 4 2006, 05:17 AM Wrote:
meford4u,May 3 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:hey bunnykins. 

fanfriggindidleydotastic.

:fag:
[right][snapback]185216[/snapback][/right]

I agree...

I'm scared!!

meford4u,May 3 2006, 10:28 PM Wrote:Should we tell them about wetsanding?
[right][snapback]185176[/snapback][/right]

Umm..lets do the basics first man..

I'm not jumping into teaching anyone how to wetsand....

meford...you should know better,,,wanna get sued,,?!>! :lol:

Detailing Products - dlb - 05-04-2006

I think you mentioned dishsoap to wash a car :unsure: ?? Not a good idea unless you want to strip off all of the wax - for that purpose it works great. To wash a car ensure you use the soap made to wash cars - many brands available. Its not as harsh on the surface.

Detailing Products - Phantom - 05-05-2006

mmmm wetsanding. Bunny add a disclaimer to this section "Anything tried at home is your ass" Ohh and wetsanding is very nice way to smooth your skin on your fingers out.

Detailing Products - ANTHONYD - 05-05-2006

Bunny open thread with products you endorse.

Detailing Products - Slimsride - 05-05-2006

I'm in the process of ordering Mequires complete NXT line.

I do have thier NXT insane tire shine...and holy shiney tires batman.

I'll do a product write up once i get a chance to use them.