• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Focus Spyshot
[Image: 2242006145430.jpg]

It's going to carry the fusion grill :D
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Mar 23 2006, 12:13 PM Wrote:[Image: 2242006145430.jpg]

It's going to carry the fusion grill  :D
[right][snapback]176583[/snapback][/right]

actally, I think you have to buy the special car bra with the grill printed on it.

what is there to hide for the focus? we know it's the same flavour of bland..

p.s. now that I look a bit closer, it might have that 'volvo/mazda'-ish front end we saw in the concept cars.

could this be the first econo car in US history that has only swapped out the front bolt-on parts for it's entire lifespan?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Ford Focus: The 21st Centruy's answer to the J-body.

Not that the question should have ever been asked in the first place.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Well... that's one way to maximize the investment in the tooling for the car I guess <_< Keep tweaking it while leaving the basic underpinnings alone (Though Ford did do the interior makeover for the +05's and upgraded the engine along with a few other bits)

Baby Mach 3 front end? :( and I thought looking like a baby Ford Five Hundred was an odd idea...

NefCanuck
So this chassis has been in use in Europe since 98, and in NA since 2000 and Ford is still facelifting it for 2007 and beyond???? I know Ford squeezed 10 years out of basically the same Mustang body style, but come on now, this is rediculous. DP is right about the front end comment....Bah, the fOCUS brand is dead to me...RIP.
question: whats the point of driving around test mules if the only change to the previous year is a little cosmetic? id understand driving on public roads to test a new drivetrain or suspension, but for a new bumper and grill??
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
more then likely new bumper, grilles upper and lower, fusion lights and fog lights.

the 500 enspired the 05 - 06 so it's not going to be a suprise if they use the fusion for 07 - 08 till they finally give in and change the platform for maybe 2010.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
All this Americanised shyte makes me feel like puking.... I just applied for a job in Ireland, maybe buy myself the new ST if it pans out, not thats a real Ford.
Alex
ZX5focused,Mar 23 2006, 06:22 PM Wrote:question: whats the point of driving around test mules if the only change to the previous year is a little cosmetic? id understand driving on public roads to test a new drivetrain or suspension, but for a new bumper and grill??
[right][snapback]176649[/snapback][/right]

Thats a good question and the only answer is that its Ford when do they ever do anything that makes sense?

The focus is turning into the new sunfire/cavalier. How many years did they make those cars with only minor changes year to year?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Mar 23 2006, 11:02 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Mar 23 2006, 06:22 PM Wrote:question: whats the point of driving around test mules if the only change to the previous year is a little cosmetic? id understand driving on public roads to test a new drivetrain or suspension, but for a new bumper and grill??

Thats a good question and the only answer is that its Ford when do they ever do anything that makes sense?

The focus is turning into the new sunfire/cavalier. How many years did they make those cars with only minor changes year to year?
[right][snapback]176693[/snapback][/right]

I think it was 20 odd years on the J body platform for the Stunfire/Crapalier...

I somehow doubt Ford is that stupid to let the Focus wither on the vine like that (Of course I've been proven wrong before <_< )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 23 2006, 11:16 PM Wrote:
habmann,Mar 23 2006, 11:02 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]176693[/snapback][/right]

I think it was 20 odd years on the J body platform for the Stunfire/Crapalier...

I somehow doubt Ford is that stupid to let the Focus wither on the vine like that
[right][snapback]176695[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't say that ford has done much of anything smart lately in north america. If ford can keep selling focus's without overhauling them I wouldn't put it past them to keep selling them this way. 2010 seems like a pretty good guess of when they might bring out a new focus, or the focus replacement.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Yep!!
You got to buy Mazda for the new focus, and Volvo for the next best 2dr hatch.
North American focus same car different face, with an occasional engine tweak here and there.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...