Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For You All....
I was just wondering who has recently purchased car parts from a US source and had them shipped across the boarder.

i'm currious to know what you purchased, how much it was in USD, what shipping was as far as cost and where the parts came from and where they arrived? i'm trying to scale my pricing to make it much cheaper to buy inside Canada from me than to purchase parts from the US and ship them up.

if you could break it down like this for me it would help me out a lot....

parts: whatever you bought, please note if the part was on sale/promo or not.
price before shipping: total in USD
cost of shipping: total in USD or CND however you were billed
exchange rate you paid: via credit card company or paypal or however
import/brokerage fees: what you paid once it crossed the boarder
taxes: please note GST, PST, etc you were charged once across the border
location of purchase: zipcode if possible
location of delivery: postal code and prov only.

if you guys could take the time to help me out with this it will probably end up benifiting you as i will be able to better scale my pricing to save you more money.

i want your business but at the same time i want to save you more money so please thank you for helping me out with this!

Mitch
oh and please be honest with pricing.
my goal is to calculate shipping from my sources in the US to my US shipping addy, i bring it across the boarder with no brokerage and then ship from me to you. in most cases i'm already cheaper but i want to see if there are anyways i can always be cheaper.

oh and if you still have the shipping forms, please post the item classifacation code on how it was brought through customs.... it would look something like: 8716.90.20.39

thanks!
Mitch that is awesome what you are trying to do for us. I don\'t think I know of any company that wants to save their customers money. I commend you on your valiant efforts. A++++++

I know this was offtopic and I don\'t have anything from the states, but I thought this had to be said.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Well I bought a Ford Racing Header from a guy in SanFran, I thought it was a good deal, $200US shipped, Almost new, I think 6month old. Well with the brokerage fees $100, customs $80, and then the shipping from Vancouver to Windsor, I think it cost me almost $5 bills, stupid me.....not to mention all the head ache with not having a bill of sale, what it was, where it was made, and its uses, stupid customs. That and it took almost 3 months for all that BS
I'm not sure about what the brokerage and all that is on the items that me and another member bought, but it worked out pretty cheap Mitch. We would have gone with you, but the prices we got were pretty sweet.

Our clutch worked out to $525 each with throwout bearing. This is a spec stage 3 clutch setup threw ctamotorsport.

Our Diffs....we didnt go with Quaife...I read & read and couldnt justify the price difference between the two. I know Quaife comes with life time warranty and such, but the Ford T2 seems to doing very well for a lot of FJ's boosted members.

We paid $641.50 each for the diffs.

If I can get the shipping, brokerage details from the other member, I will post them, I dont have them because he paid for them already and I just have to pay him back.

EDIT: Nevrmind....were having them driven up here threw a family memeber....just remembered that!! and CTA is a canadian company. My bad!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
while that is a lot of money for a FR header, i think part of the issue was with the paper work because it was a used private sale. usually commercial sales come with better paper work and new items are easier to track by customs...

flo, no worries.
hope the spec clutches and torsens work out for you.
there is nothing wrong with them, just the quaifes are better... :)
lots of looks but no help?
what's the deal guys?
I wish I could be more help but I get most of my stuff either picked up in Sarasota where my family vacations yearly or I have it shipped to Niagara Falls and bring it over myself.
So I am not much help, sorry.
But I must admit that after discovering your prices for the St170's, it's a better deal through you than going through the hastle with BAT.
There I said it. I was wrong.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
sorry man, I haven't bought anything from the states in a couple of years, so I don't have the exact details, buuuuuuut....

if I scrounge in my rather poorly organized memory,

I ordered the SCT pro tuner for $760 USD from modular depot, shipped UPS, came out to about $1600, there were about $200 in duty.

Then I ordered the AEM UEGO controller for $450 USD, shipped USPS, it came out to $680 when it hit my doorstep.

that's all I've ordered from the states lately car parts wise..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Mar 20 2006, 08:06 AM Wrote:sorry man, I haven't bought anything from the states in a couple of years, so I don't have the exact details, buuuuuuut....

if I scrounge in my rather poorly organized memory,

I ordered the SCT pro tuner for $760 USD from modular depot, shipped UPS, came out to about $1600, there were about $200 in duty.

Then I ordered the AEM UEGO controller for $450 USD, shipped USPS, it came out to $680 when it hit my doorstep.

that's all I've ordered from the states lately car parts wise..
[right][snapback]175856[/snapback][/right]

one thought tho...

as a rule of thumb, I figure on paying the exchange rate, the GST, shipping, and if shipped via a courier, at least $45 for their brokerage fees
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

you might be alittle cheaper on parts in the long run, when brokerage fees and exchange rates are factored in .. but what usually makes me deal else where is the response time

sometimes it takes days/weeks to get a response to a PM or forum post whereas some other companys might be that day or next day to respond.

So i say faster response times would yield you more (happy) customers .. rather than trying to squeeze the extra penny out of your price
Below Average Car Club