Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerworks Bbk
Got a question for STFUN....how long did it take the shop to install the S/C kit?
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
bad person to ask because Ian did the head and a bunch of other things at the same time.

Book time on an install is between 14-16hours.
Drivesthebeast,Jun 20 2006, 04:13 PM Wrote:Got a question for STFUN....how long did it take the shop to install the S/C kit?
[right][snapback]194155[/snapback][/right]

As Mitch stated, as well as the PW install, I had a cylinder head change as well as stand-alone engine management fitted. This caused a few problems as we started with Omex 610 and had to move to Omex 710 as it turns out 610 will not drive the ST170/SVT adequately. Of course 710 incorporated a slight price increase as well as some extra time for mapping.
Also, being the first install that had been done by a UK "shop" it was a learning curve for us all, especially throwing the ST170/SVT quirks into the melting pot.
I promise a very full article in the near future when the next FFOC edition of Focus Torque has been released.
Focus ST170, Powerworks Big Boost SC kit, gasflowed ported and polished cylinder head, Piper exhaust cam vernier pulley, Hayward & Scott custom exhaust, RT Sports CAT, Omex 710 engine management, Magnecor KV-85 HT leads, Fidanza aluminium flywheel, Clutchmasters Stage IV clutch, Black Diamond front brake discs, Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads, EGR bodykit and spoiler, Cervinis Mach 5 bonnet, Defi gauges, Steeda Tri-Ax short shifter.
To come.....Staenz conn rods, JE custom pistons, Aquamist, Mocal oil cooler, KW Variant II coilovers, H&R anti-roll bars, Hughes Eng rear strut brace, uprated oil pump, LCR Camber plates, Rear camber bolts, Ferriday exhaust gasket, wheels.
Oh my lord, that is the sexiest thing I have ever seen!!! Nice numbers on the dyno. Damn!!