Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Guys! Special Project Focus
A I dont think a 350 would fit in there. Probably would have clearance issues with the dizzy and B there is no headers for the swap. C the ford requires a short timing cover and water pump for this engine to work. D. Why put a chevy engine in a Ford? it's not as if there isnt enough bastardized fords running around...
[Image: FocusCanadaAvatar.jpg]
Good luck on this project. Wish I could see this in person when it's done. mmm Road trip :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Welcome to the group!! And yes... another focus from Ottawa!!

I think I really need to consider a FI setup now that I'll probably be the slowest focus in town!!

hehehehe

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
FocusGuy7476,Feb 15 2006, 06:28 PM Wrote:
schade,Feb 15 2006, 11:06 PM Wrote:when you were doing your mock-up with the block sitting in the engine cradle ... was there enough room from the frewall to fit a chevy motor in there? or would the distributor hit the firewall? or is it really tight?
[right][snapback]170732[/snapback][/right]

why?
[right][snapback]170736[/snapback][/right]

why would i ask this? or why use a chevy motor?

If i were to do this project i'd use a chevy motor cuz i have very easy access to them so it would save me tons of money, plus its all i've ever really worked on till now

and witht he distributor being mounted at the back of the motor on chevys (unlike fords and dodges that are at the front of the motor) space could be an issue
Below Average Car Club
Dude :hi:

That is what Im talking about YEAH!!!!!!
Thats what I would love to do to my car too.

I say road trip when your car is ready :D
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
Ferocious ZX3,Feb 15 2006, 05:54 PM Wrote:Carbed. Demon 625cfm with an edelbrock Performer RPM intake, and AFR heads. EFI is too much hassle to deal with plus I will be removing all the unneeded wiring from the harnesses.
[right][snapback]170730[/snapback][/right]

This guy is my new hero.

Welcome!

I have an 87 Ranger reg cab short box with a 302 V8 and A4OD with shift kit, etc... that I really need to get around to resurrecting / finishing.

I know your pain, believe me.

Good luck! Can't wait to see more pics!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Is it me or does the sound of that engine just not match the car....It looks odd....

But it's kick ass so I guess it's alright.
I wanna see someone do a sedan V-8 conversion. Props to you for the V-8 swap. You must not be married cuz I had to beg and plead for my MBRP exhaust.
02ztsian,Feb 16 2006, 09:56 AM Wrote:I wanna see someone do a sedan V-8 conversion. Props to you for the V-8 swap. You must not be married cuz I had to beg and plead for my MBRP exhaust.
[right][snapback]170808[/snapback][/right]

Heh, here's the deal, I win the lottery (or someone else pays for the entire conversion) and I'll do it.

Man stuffing a V8 in a Focus must be like trying to stuff me into a pair of narrow leg cut jeans. Takes a blowtorch, cursing, swearing and praying... :lol:

NefCanuck
actually the kit is almost 100% bolt up for a V8 swap in any focus be it the sedan, hatch or wagon. Kugel Komponents makes the kits. There very well thought out and best about it the car can retain a 100% stock look and also there isn't much modification to do.
Why aren't you running a solid 9" rear locker? 8.8s historically are less than great with > 350HP at the wheels to my recollection.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
the 8.8 is plenty strong. with 31 spline axles. upgraded limited slip, HD bearings. forged pinion and ring gear and girdle cap there will be zero problems. I've seen many mustangs with 700+hp that run a beefed up 8.8" and have no problems whatsoever I dont need a locker in this car its going to be a summer daily driver and the price of a 9" setup for this car is out of my budget. also the 9" wont be a bolt in, and they are scarce here.
An 8.8 is plenty big considering the weight load it'll be pushing. You'll spin the tires off the rims before you have an issue, 9" are more critical when pushing a big car like a Lightning, a Torino or even some of the older Stangs. It would be overkill in this situation.

Good luck on the project.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
^^Exactly. plus I have the 8.8" rear now. I am swapping out to a 31 spline carrier and axles. rebuilding the track lok. and putting in new gears. This morning I sandblasted the axle. will be shooting it with a sealer primer and a few coats of flat black.
focusonthis_88,Feb 15 2006, 07:56 PM Wrote:NICE!!!

Nate, we won't be the fastest focus's in Ottawa!!!
[right][snapback]170677[/snapback][/right]

Isn't Chris F the fastest in Ottawa anyway?
P-51,Feb 18 2006, 08: Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Feb 15 2006, 07:56 PM Wrote:NICE!!!

Nate, we won't be the fastest focus's in Ottawa!!!
[right][snapback]170677[/snapback][/right]

Isn't Chris F the fastest in Ottawa anyway?
[right][snapback]171218[/snapback][/right]

Dont know, havent seen his car since he changed setups. Is he still around?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]