Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struts And Shocks ?
Hey All,

I have a standard Focus sedan and I think its time to replace the struts and shocks. I just need the regular parts but I did see once there was a German made set and the price was really reasonable...
Let me know guys !
2000 Ford Focus
K+N O/E Air filter
Energy Suspension
Transmission bushing.
Are you referring to the Spax kit? It can be had through BAT (British American Transfer).

http://www.batinc.net/

Not sure what "reasonable" falls under in your books, but most popular Euro stuff can be obtained through these guys.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 7 2006, 07:44 AM Wrote:Are you referring to the Spax kit? It can be had through BAT (British American Transfer).

http://www.batinc.net/

Not sure what "reasonable" falls under in your books, but most popular Euro stuff can be obtained through these guys.
[right][snapback]168825[/snapback][/right]

There are lots of kits out there the first question you should ask yourself is do you want to change the ride quality? If you like the stock ride go with the OEM if you want it a bit firmer look at the SVT. Have a look at KYB Spax or Gaz in the lower priced aftermarket or Koni etc in the higher price range.

I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
The OEM SVT kit is terrific, lowers you just enough, costs $400 and fits the sedan just fine.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Feb 7 2006, 09:08 AM Wrote:The OEM SVT kit is terrific, lowers you just enough, costs $400 and fits the sedan just fine.
[right][snapback]168836[/snapback][/right]

From what I can see... that would be the best priced kit. If I had the cash flow to permit it, i'd have my hands on that set asap.

Where have you found it for $400?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
The SVT was what I originally wanted, agreed a decent setup for the money. Maybe the eibach pro-kit would be good but its almost double the cost... :(

euro_zx5,Feb 7 2006, 10:00 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Feb 7 2006, 09:08 AM Wrote:The OEM SVT kit is terrific, lowers you just enough, costs $400 and fits the sedan just fine.

From what I can see... that would be the best priced kit. If I had the cash flow to permit it, i'd have my hands on that set asap.

[right][snapback]168851[/snapback][/right]

BAT http://www.batinc.net/main.htm

They retail the SVT suspension for $259US. Great deal.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Entire SVT Suspension Kit:
$245 usd.
http://www.mcnewsautomotive.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=SUSKIT
-Andrew
European headlights, European upper grille, MBRP cat-back exhaust, ICEMAN cold air intake, and other assorted mods.
http://www.focusxtreme.com
Get the bilstien PSS9 coilovers. haha
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Thanks Guys for all the input !! That SVT kit sounds cool... I dont have to change the rims ??
2000 Ford Focus
K+N O/E Air filter
Energy Suspension
Transmission bushing.
Medicman,Feb 13 2006, 01:30 PM Wrote:Thanks Guys for all the input !!  That SVT kit sounds cool... I dont have to change the rims ??
[right][snapback]170170[/snapback][/right]

Nope, I've run it with 15" snow tires, 16" OEM's and my 17"'s, it's all good.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
euro_zx5,Feb 7 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]168851[/snapback][/right]

That's what it should cost really.

I'd nominate the kit as well. The cost of OEM replacement struts are $150 for each front side (I priced them out). So, $300 and you're already 3/4ths there for the SVT kit. It's a matter of finding it...luckily, I snagged a kit last year (probably pissed off some folks here who were waiting for it :rolleyes: )
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
Yeah, for locally-available stuff... the SVT kit is far and away the best setup out there. That would be my next choice of suspension as well for the sedan.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I been riding on a 2" drop on stock struts for 2 years now and there just finally starting to blow out and the ride is getting terrible. I can go probably go another summer with them.

So I am in the same boat. I still havent decided what struts I want to go to.

Would the SVT struts run ok with a 2" drop?
ZX3TUNR,Feb 17 2006, 12:53 PM Wrote:I been riding on a 2" drop on stock struts for 2 years now and there just finally starting to blow out and the ride is getting terrible. I can go probably go another summer with them.

So I am in the same boat. I still havent decided what struts I want to go to.

Would the SVT struts run ok with a 2" drop?
[right][snapback]171059[/snapback][/right]

I haven't heard any complaints from people I know with 2" drop Eibach and the SVT struts/shocks.
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
I just got my KYB AGX shocks and I might get them installed tomorrow. I'll let you know how they are after a few rides if you're interested in something like that. I also have a 2" drop

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Feb 17 2006, 05:44 PM Wrote:I just got my KYB AGX shocks and I might get them installed tomorrow. I'll let you know how they are after a few rides if you're interested in something like that. I also have a 2" drop
[right][snapback]171105[/snapback][/right]

I was told by a Ford Brand Manager that our shocks/struts are built by KYB. It almost makes sense because I haven't been able to find that many shock/strut manufacturers with a wide variety of fitments.
Richard | Focused 24-7