Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S2 Instrument Cluster Swap Done
If anybody needs another cluster I have one of a ZX3.... With 52000KM on it, replaced mine with the RS. PM me...
Alex
Actually, when my friend had his honda cluster replaced under warranty, the ministry of transportation gave him an official card with the car's origional milage, that you keep in your glovebox. it was official because it came from the ministry of transportation and it had their logo on it, so if ur ever pulled over or go in for service anywhere and they need ur km, esp if u renew ur plates, they need to verify that you didnt roll back the OD. just show the card to the kiosk and they will accept it.. no need to make up stories that they wont believe anyway.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Dec 7 2005, 11:31 AM Wrote:if ur ever pulled over or go in for service anywhere and they need ur km, esp if u renew ur plates, they need to verify that you didnt roll back the OD.
[right][snapback]159757[/snapback][/right]

I've been pulled over for everything, never had a cop ask me my km's.....only ever asked me how fast I was going :P

Just keep track of what it "really" is, because if you screw up and give the actual reading thats when you'll get some red lights going off....(only when renewing plates/etc) nobody ever looks at it. And the dealers don't really care unless you go in there wanting warranty service when your last visit was at 120k and your now at 40k :P
hardk0re,Dec 7 2005, 11:54 AM Wrote:(only when renewing plates/etc) 
[right][snapback]159763[/snapback][/right]

Ohhh that's right. Ya Adam, get the MTO to do the card thing. The issuing office on Airport Road always enforces the odometer reads.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Guys... I called the MTO and checked. The officer at the N/B inspection station on 11 near Callendar says we don't need the card unless we're selling the car as a dealership.

I asked about it at a local renewal office and they gave me the inspector's number. The MTO inspector I spoke to (in charge of enforcement of regs for the area) says as long as I've recorded it, it's not an issue. If the car will never be sold through a dealer directly from this point (ie. repairs before resale), it doesn't matter.

So long as I have recorded the old cluster's kilometerage (which I have) and the juping-off mileage on the new cluster (which I have), even at renewal time I'm fine.

I'm glad everyone is concerned about this, but to make it easier I'm going to post the inspector's direct line. You can call yourself if you have any questions about this.

EDIT - (705) 752-1311. I forget the inspector's name, but he'll give it when he answers the phone.

You can also call a local licensing office. They will either answer your question or redirect you to someone who can. If you hate the bureaucracy down south and want to speak to a live person, call the office I called - (705) 495-3481. Great for VoIP guys and anyone with a good long distance package. :) Their hours are 9-5 Mon-Fri, Sat 9-12.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
looks sweet
is there any way to change the dash on the 05s
E.O MASIV
Thanks man :)

Aren't the dashes on the 05s the same? The styling of the plastic pieces is different, but IIRC the gauge cluster is the same thing.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 5 2005, 02:36 PM Wrote:The gauge cluster is Kev's old cluster. he Borg'ed the red needles for his SVT cluster. Same for the other piece.

Really, it renders the cluster unique. I rather like it with the grey and orange.

Glad you took the time to point that out tho, Chad. I already was aware thanks to Kev's honesty before I bought it. :)
[right][snapback]159328[/snapback][/right]

wow that actually looks pretty nice! what does it look like at night?
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
I have a video of it all lit up in the evening... check the ICE forum for my latest post, and be sure to right-click and Save As the AVI file. :)