Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People Reselling Xbox360's
wow

What is your business if lets say DP offered BerinG $700 for it and paid for it right away.

If both parties agree to a price and are happy, whofuckincares? :ph34r:

Note: Not that DP would do that

Also note, if DP dint close his FS thread and lets say (I sure hope not) it got anywhere over $600.00 I'd be calling the buyer retarded. So would 80% rest of the site.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
BerinG,Nov 23 2005, 03:13 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 23 2005, 02:54 PM Wrote:
BerinG,Nov 23 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:are you kidding me ? Are you pissed because you couldn't get one yesterday? as if noone on this forum ever sold anything that was overpriced.. i didn't even put a price tag on mine.. its like when turbo tom only had his 5200$ turbo kit.. people kept complaining.. bla bla... then people came out with other cheaper kits, but he still kept his price, and people still bought it.. is he greedy because the kit is not worth 5200$ when he makes it..
[right][snapback]157274[/snapback][/right]

What part of what I've said elsewhere wasn't clear?

Gouging members here isn't right, even Puppet has said so.

Ebay was designed for just this, so take it there and make your money there. Don't like it? Leave!

I've endorsed the resale to COMPLETE AND UTTER FUKTARDS. That's not me, unfortunately. I won't be purchasing one, at least not for many months. I have other things that need worrying about, like a new set of furniture and a... HDTV-capable projector :o

For Tom to keep selling his kits at that price shows proven value. Purchasing an XBox 360 at ANY premium at this point for the exclusive reason of owning it to play it shows maniacal levels of fanboiness, plain and simple. It doesn't show value. Your argument is flawed, defeated, and tossed in the toilet. Flussssssssh.

Buying things used here at different prices is NOT gouging, and further to that there can be way too many criteria to determine the worth of a particular piece of equipment when it is used - including availability, condition and reputation of the manufacturer. Right now it's supply and demand well beyond retail for the XBox 360 and that's not the way they want it done here. What's so hard to understand about COMMUNITY. Ebay is NOT a community. We are.

EDITed for grammar and spelling mistakes. Whoops.
[right][snapback]157284[/snapback][/right]

I dont think you get it.. I do understand what you're saying.. and as for turbotom.. YOU are wrong and you are contradicting yourself. Theres criterias that determine the price of a particular piece.. and you said it yourself, availability is one of them. I dont see how a used and new product would differ that way. Either its available, or its not available.. Ford sells their overpriced early 2000 intake manifolds, but people still dont go and buy them from ford and it seems as thought the product demand is high even if the supply is there.. people just dont want to pay for it.. they buy used ones at all different prices. As much as people are assholes, people are very cheap and want everything for nothing. Always comes down to supply and demand in its basic form.. whether its supply at resaonable price.. or supply in quality and alternatives, or just plan quantity etc... its always supply and demand.. the reason why tom kept selling his kits at that price is that no one else was offering tuning back then.. he could've easily put his price down but he didn't. Yes its an expensive kit, but its not 5200$... tom never forced anyone to buy it at that price..and even though the aerocharger was out and available (and very good kit also even though only had a 5th injector), he still kept his price up. i am doing exacly the same thnig.. except me.. i dont have a price.. right now, the price in my thread is 470$.. thats exacly how much i paid and yet.. no one even offered that much yet.. maybe ill get a few posts with lowballers and cheapos like everyone gets in any thread and then they say the seller's greedy....
[right][snapback]157290[/snapback][/right]

You said you would sell it for no less than what you paid for it. Who's greedy?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 23 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:But you still have a hard time renting me the car I ask for... time for more hot chocolate? :D
[right][snapback]157292[/snapback][/right]

Just for that, your cars for the next year will be Kias. I will await your apology. :P

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 23 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:
BerinG,Nov 23 2005, 02:57 PM Wrote:i woke up a few minutes earlier so i could wait 15 minutes... why aren't you making turbo kits and making money off people?
[right][snapback]157285[/snapback][/right]

1. That's exactly how scalpers do it. They get to the game early, buy lots of tickets, then sell them at very high prices, either fixed or when people will bid with the scalper.

2. Cause i'm not in the business of making turbos. I am a purchasing agent with a background in accounting and business as well. I know pretty much all the ins and outs of buying, selling, trading, demand (both elastic and inelastic), supply, price points, EOQ's, supply chains, demand curves, points of equilibrium with supply and demand, etc, etc, etc.

If you would sell this ethically as of now, sell it with a 10% markup above your cost to cover travel and your time.
[right][snapback]157288[/snapback][/right]

1. Ok... and who got to the store early in the morning first for a game console that was assumed to be sold out on the first day or at least the first batch.

2. Ok great, so then you know exacly what I'm talking about as you are probably buying stuff at the cheapest you can get it (right?), and selling it to clients at a profitable price. And of course, you'd like to cover your trouble for getting those..

That's the thing.. im not trying to make a fortune.. but this is how it went.. me and my girlfriend both were gone our own ways to get me an xbox 360.. caus we didn't think we'd get one.. we were lucky enough each of us to get one. Now, that xbox 360 that I paid yesterday, and drove to the store, and waited outside for.. and finally got, is advertised at no price.. just not under the price i paid.. anyone on here wanted an xbox 360 ? maybe.. do i want to lose any money because i ended up with 2 xbox 360? no, and especially not for the extra trouble of getting it. Can i bring it back to bestbuy and get my money back? of course i can! But would someone (that wants one but won't have one soon)maybe want to buy it ?

Thank you.. i made my point, sorry to be selling something everyone wants
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Nov 23 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 23 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:
BerinG,Nov 23 2005, 02:57 PM Wrote:i woke up a few minutes earlier so i could wait 15 minutes... why aren't you making turbo kits and making money off people?
[right][snapback]157285[/snapback][/right]

1. That's exactly how scalpers do it. They get to the game early, buy lots of tickets, then sell them at very high prices, either fixed or when people will bid with the scalper.

2. Cause i'm not in the business of making turbos. I am a purchasing agent with a background in accounting and business as well. I know pretty much all the ins and outs of buying, selling, trading, demand (both elastic and inelastic), supply, price points, EOQ's, supply chains, demand curves, points of equilibrium with supply and demand, etc, etc, etc.

If you would sell this ethically as of now, sell it with a 10% markup above your cost to cover travel and your time.
[right][snapback]157288[/snapback][/right]

1. Ok... and who got to the store early in the morning first for a game console that was assumed to be sold out on the first day or at least the first batch.

2. Ok great, so then you know exacly what I'm talking about as you are probably buying stuff at the cheapest you can get it (right?), and selling it to clients at a profitable price. And of course, you'd like to cover your trouble for getting those..

That's the thing.. im not trying to make a fortune.. but this is how it went.. me and my girlfriend both were gone our own ways to get me an xbox 360.. caus we didn't think we'd get one.. we were lucky enough each of us to get one. Now, that xbox 360 that I paid yesterday, and drove to the store, and waited outside for.. and finally got, is advertised at no price.. just not under the price i paid.. anyone on here wanted an xbox 360 ? maybe.. do i want to lose any money because i ended up with 2 xbox 360? no, and especially not for the extra trouble of getting it. Can i bring it back to bestbuy and get my money back? of course i can! But would someone (that wants one but won't have one soon)maybe want to buy it ?

Thank you.. im done.. i made my point, sorry to be selling something everyone wants
[right][snapback]157297[/snapback][/right]

No, it's called instead of taking it back and letting someone else buy it fairly, you chose to attempt to profit off fellow FC.net members directly. And I too recall seeing you wouldn't let it go for any less than you paid for it. So that's profiteering.

BerinG Wrote:Anyway, obviously I won't be letting it go for under 470$ as thats the price i paid with taxes and such.

I hope other members remember that when you're attempting to buy something they're selling.

You're now suffering from GWB disease, insert foot in mouth, turn, attempt to defend self. Doesn't work, does it?

Also, if Ford sells a car that everyone wants for $20,000 and sells the car well after other cars are available at similar prices... what's that called? We'll call that the "Turbo Tom Value" effect, just so you can relate. It's also why a Sony Trinitron TV is bought over another TV. Value, real or perceived by the buyer, can be quite influential in the actual purchase of an item. Go ahead and refute that.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 23 2005, 03:18 PM Wrote:You said you would sell it for no less than what you paid for it.  Who's greedy?
[right][snapback]157295[/snapback][/right]

Yes that is exacly what I said.. how does that NOT make sense to you..
- Xbox 360 came out yesterday
- The box is still unopened
- I was able to get there early and buy one
- Everyone wants one
- I was lucky enough to end up with two (with my girlfriend at another store across town trying to grab one too)
- I can bring it back any day to Bestbuy and get my money back.
- I could "possibly" make someone happy here that was at the doctors yesterday and could not go to walmart and get one like i did but they would still like to have one.. even if its means paying more than retail.
- If I bring it back to Bestbuy, will that someone come down to Gatineau, QC walmart to go get it? No. or maybe, if it means that much to them and they're not too far and THEY think (with they're own minds and brains, that its worth it)

Where exacly is the problem? What i've been trying to say as Flo said, is if someone really wants it, and is willing to pay that much.. then where is the problem?

Quote:Also, if Ford sells a car that everyone wants for $20,000 and sells the car well after other cars are available at similar prices... what's that called? We'll call that the "Turbo Tom Value" effect, just so you can relate. It's also why a Sony Trinitron TV is bought over another TV. Value, real or perceived by the buyer, can be quite influential in the actual purchase of an item. Go ahead and refute that

NOS2Go4Me: YOU are an idiot.. you just proved me right. That's just how I'm doing it now. That sony trinitron tv is pretty good yes.. but I used to work in retail.. and the sony models are NOT always the best ones. Society MADE sony "the best one".. my tv a panasonic, compared to a sony.. was 500$ LESS.. for the same thing basicly...with both tvs side by side in the store, and even the manager of the store telling me, sony is not the best one.. it is NOT the best. It IS a good tv, but it is not necessarly worth 500$ more.. or wait, someone else bought a sony.. and THEY thought that the sony was better and worth 500$ more. Its people that "elect" objects and products to be important or better and in demand. Did I decide to make the xbox 360 in demand? No.. thats microsoft's job.. they succeded pretty well wouldn't you say?im just the retailer selling the more expensive sony rather then the panasonic because people dont mind paying the extra 500$ for the sony. I don't see you complaining to Futureshop about their trinitron.

anyway you just dont get it..
ZX3T gone..
And anyone could order an xbox360 for $460 after tax from futureshop online and get it shipped to them for free.

Stores won't be out of stock THAT long.

Your best bet is to toss it up on ebay.. you're guaranteed to make more money than if you tried to get money out of the cheap bastards on fc.net.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Nov 23 2005, 03:43 PM Wrote:And anyone could order an xbox360 for $460 after tax from futureshop online and get it shipped to them for free.

Stores won't be out of stock THAT long.

Your best bet is to toss it up on ebay.. you're guaranteed to make more money than if you tried to get money out of the cheap bastards on fc.net.
[right][snapback]157303[/snapback][/right]

Yes exacly, so what are you all complaining about.. everyone can go to futureshop and get it for 460$.. but im selling it now and i have it in my hands.. to some people, that's more important.. wouldn't you agree? wouldn't you agree with those retards taht bought it for 10000US on ebay yesterday? Yes..to some people its more important having it NOW rather than later.

IT IS on ebay already...

And that last statement, :rolleyes: will you shut up.. i never said anything like that.. On any messageboards theres lowballers and peolpe wanting it for less.. its the nature, everyone will try and get it for less.. UNLESS they are willing to pay a number. I offer it here for at least the amount that i paid for it (because then theres no point in me selling it a hundred dollars less if i can bring it back to BestBuy).. the reason WHY its posted in here is becasue it is a community and i would offer it here first before going on srt4 forums..
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Nov 23 2005, 03:32 PM Wrote:anyway you just dont get it..
[right][snapback]157301[/snapback][/right]

I get it. But all i'm saying is that its an unethical business practice. PERIOD.

If you want to do so, go right ahead.

the guy is trying to make money!!! WHO CARES!!!!!!! If you could make $1000 like that would you not do it?

A good example of price gouging is oil...its when you take advantage of a whole situation. Oil is pretty much a need...XBOX is not.

It you want to drive across town to save money on gas, and not wait in line then do it. Some people would rather get it over with and pay more.

GOSH!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
BerinG... first off, YOU can shut up and quit calling me an idiot. I haven't resorted to names and there's no need for you to, either. Unless you really do belong on SRT forums.

Second, if your last crack about "I never said that" was directed at me... well, I harvested that right from your original post about the XBox in FS. So either you're such a bad liar that you can't recall what you posted, or you've since edited it and are now spinning it.

Anyways, enough is enough. You're now saying that all branding is useless. So does that make the value of Tom's system pointless?

Phil - Puppet already said he's putting the kibosh on people profiteering off others here as he'd have to charge for FS/FT/WTB ads. If the site doesn't make anything off the ads, why should others rake in a huge margin?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I undertstand that selling it for twice the price is unethical.. but i dont feel it is unethical to sell a game console that is IMPOSSIBLE to find in retail, for at least the price i paid for. if someone say ill buy it for retail.. another says, ill buy it for 500$.. would you sell it for retail?

theres bids and PMs all the time on any items in the for sale section with 2-3 people fighting.. so why is it any worse for me?
ZX3T gone..
Before this goes much further, I suggest the classified section be limited to Focus merchandise only, to members with 50 posts or more, and must include three things: price (or what you will trade for), location of seller and photo (or link to photo). There are forums for selling your consoles and other stuff (e-Bay, for example). Darkpuppet, whaddya think?
this is dumb. The xbox is on ebay. Anyone want it? BerinG can provide the link in OT. For now this is closed.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I feel sorry for the people waiting in line for hours to get there hands on a stupid xbox. Get a girlfriend.
Flofocus,Nov 23 2005, 03:04 PM Wrote:this is dumb. The xbox is on ebay.  Anyone want it?  BerinG can provide the link in OT.  For now this is closed.
[right][snapback]157317[/snapback][/right]

I closed the thread in for sale because it was going to start a bidding war that was based on making profit a la the ebayers reselling. Which I didn't think appropriate for the FS forum.

Why?

because,
1) the I don't allow people to call out sellers in FS, and that thread would incite a lot of name calling and low-balling.

2) For sale is for members to offer deals to other fellow members. I don't want to encourage people to go out, buy a boatload of stuff they don't need, and then try to dump it via the site.

I don't have anything against Bering for posting it. I think he has every right to throw it up for sale to the highest bidder. I just didn't think it appropriate for 'for sale'. I'm trying to be fair with everyone, and I've shut down other for sale threads that I thought unfair to the uneducated buyer, or against the intended purpose of the for sale section.

And for non-sponsor companies whoring their wares on the site, we're trying to cut back on that as well. A free site isn't here for people to personally profit from the already established community.

i wish I could put it better so that people understand that what BerinG did isn't a bad thing, and he has a right to do so, but I also didn't think it appropriate for the for sale forum in this case. that's all, end of story.

People aren't going to always agree with people reselling consoles, but you don't have to buy them either...

and nobody has to go calling other people names..

wow.. another thread totally blown out of proportion... :ph34r:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!