Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tailgaters
Whistle tip. Tailgaters be haters, y0.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I get rearended all the time. Had it happen 3 times in 2 weeks this last spring. But I drive a truck and when I see the damage I inflick upon their Jap/Euro trashmobile, I get the last laugh.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Raine,Nov 7 2005, 07:34 PM Wrote:I am bad for tailgating
[right][snapback]154293[/snapback][/right]

Probably the reason for your high brake wear...

having to continually slam your brakes to avoid hitting the car that you are following too closely.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I have never read so many posts in one thread with so much bad structure and grammar..........Oh my aching head.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Dealing with tailgaters is fairly simple, drop a couple gears and pull up slightly on the E-brake, no brake lights and you lose speed very rapidly. The idiots tend to drop back a fair distance after that.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
hardk0re,Nov 7 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:A new car, some free massage therapy, and an excuse not to go to work for a few days! SIGN ME UP!
[right][snapback]154254[/snapback][/right]

Hopefully you don't go threw what my dad just did after his accident 2 years ago. My dad's been going to chyropractors since the accident and almost weekly doctors visits and he can't go back to work. The screwed up thing is that his insurance company that was all too happy to take his money when everything was ok and his record was clean for over 20 years does f*ck all when they are asked to help him when he needs it so in the end my dad sued the son of a bitches and he's winnning with the insurance company now wanting to settle out of court. By the way the insurance company that he sued goes by the name of Aviva now. So before you wish for something so drastic out of life think of the consequences please.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
2001 ZTS,Nov 7 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:All you have to do is put on your 4 way flashers, they'll think your car is breaking down. Very convincing when you happen to be in a Focus.

When I was on the motorcycle and being tailgated used saprk plugs used to keep falling out of my pockets for some reason?[right][snapback]154310[/snapback][/right]

BWAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.......my buddy used to have rubber balls in his car..and would let one go if a tailgater was behind him....it would make a hell of a racket bouncing around under doods car....LOL....i know because the bastard did it to me once...well besides i wanted to hear what it would do.
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
2001 ZTS,Nov 8 2005, 01:21 AM Wrote:All you have to do is put on your 4 way flashers, they'll think your car is breaking down. Very convincing when you happen to be in a Focus.

Not so sure about that.... Well I didnt have a Focus at the time, a Beretta which is worse :lol: And the dude was tailgating me like crazy so I threw on my 4 ways just before the red light and sat there when it changed green. Instead of going around the guy drove into the rear bumper and pushed me for a block! :o

I was just like wow, this is nuts! Then he took off and ran while I called the cops! :rolleyes:
I have 2 stories like these to add...

1st: Involved my Grandad a long time ago...He was driving in a BMW he owned at the time, in the dark along highway 5 near Waterdown. He had someone in a big Chevy Estate Wagon with the wood panels down the sides of it pull up right tight behind him, leaving their highbeams (read 4 lamp system, oldschool style) on. They tailgated him for several kilometers, without bothering to pass him when there was space and time. This continued until he got to hwy's 5&6, where he caught a red light. While the light was red, he got out of his car, calmly walked back to his trunk, and pulled out either a tire iron or a crowbar (can't remember which), and turned around and smashed all of the headlights on the wagon behind him. Then, he put the bar back in the trunk, casually walks back to the door, gets in, and drives away, with the driver of the wagon sitting stunned in the lane behind him with smashed lights. He never heard anything from or about this scenario afterwards.

2nd: Involved my dad when he was my age, and he had a 70 Datsun 240Z that was a sleeper/hot rod eater. He had a cop try to pull him over on highway 52 near Copetown, and when the cop insisted he pull over (cop was tailgating him), he decided to be a smart-ass and shut the car down REALLY fast. The cop almost slid into his rear end with all 4 wheels locked, and the nose of the car dipped down almost a foot. Needless to say the cop wasn't amused, and my dad simply stated his car could stop that fast, and the cop was tailgating him and having a pushy attitude. My dad got off with only a couple of verbals for speeding, and for when he stopped "too fast"...lol

L8tr
Bleeding Ford Blue again...