Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking To Do Some Tinting...
Hey Everyone,

As I'm sure everyone has done some tinting here and there I was wondering what do I need and where to get it. (I'll look up the How-to part later)

I'm planning to tint the whole tail except for the reverse backup. Looking forward to completing the tail end of the focus and work my way forward, haha.

Thanks in advance!
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...
You can try getting night shade from Performance Improvements

Or go to Napa or CarQuest and get a can made up of 20% black 80% clear coat
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I also agree with using Nightsh1t, but my only advise to you is don't tint them too dark. You want to remain "street legal" so only 2-3 light shades darker should be acceptable, the reason is because the red part of the tail lights also contains the required rear and side reflectors, if theyre covered up or not as reflective anymore, you can get in a whole lotta problems from the 5.0.
My other ride is your Mom
I recently tinted my tail lights using night shade, did 4 light coats of night shade and 3 coats of clear. Make sure to wet sand the lights first and before you clear. I used 1000 grit paper and am very happy with the way they turned out. There is a really good how to on Focus Fanatics as well. I got the paint from performance improvements for $16 but it was the last one and he said the next shipment was on backorder.
Night shade=ghey
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
You'll regret the nites***.

Don't do it.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Well I dd my tail lights with Night Shades it is very easy to get it to dark. I did 4 coats and it was way to dark I had to wet sand it off and start over I just did 2 coats on round 2 And Clear coated with 4 coats .. you must clear coat it cuz night shades in no were near glossy .
[Image: 100_0790.jpg?t=1302956190]
On the 401, I almost rear-ended a mini-truck doing 90 in bad weather. Could barely see his lights. In fact, the light reflections on the road from other vehicles were brighter then his lights were.
if you pay attention to a car getting closer in front of you.... LOL

i have 8 coats of tint on mine and no issues there. can see bright as day
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
I'm surprised that the MTO hasn't put in a law to ban nightshade.

IMO, its just stupid to have on your car, especially when you put it on headlights.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
If done right it can make your tails look sweet! but people put that s**t on their headlights??? lol....yeah, that's stupid!
Blacked-out 06 ZX3 : Eibach Pro's, Tokico Blues, Tri-Ax STS, Steeda SRI, Cosworth 67mm TB, Cosworth Header, Energy Suspension Poly Mounts, PS2, Red & Black Katzkins...
I've always wondered why I never see this being used more creatively. Like taping off sections and tinting the rest.
(04-23-2011, 01:00 AM)moon111 Wrote: I've always wondered why I never see this being used more creatively. Like taping off sections and tinting the rest.

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...?tid=18871

It has been done before, check out his front signals.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Anyone with suggestions on where to get a good window tint job? Price to expect?
Thumbs Up 
Idk if anyone in Windsor is interested, but a good Friend of mine owns Pro Tint on Walker Rd and He is the best tint Guy in the City imho...if anyone wants tint I can set you up with a cash price. He did My ZX3 S2 last week for $150 cash, no tax with a strip across the windshield...all His tint is computer cut and He did my back window in one piece, which is much better than having a seam at the defrost lines...
And the tails look good Bro!
(07-15-2011, 08:19 AM)liquidfocus Wrote: Idk if anyone in Windsor is interested, but a good Friend of mine owns Pro Tint on Walker Rd and He is the best tint Guy in the City imho...if anyone wants tint I can set you up with a cash price. He did My ZX3 S2 last week for $150 cash, no tax with a strip across the windshield...all His tint is computer cut and He did my back window in one piece, which is much better than having a seam at the defrost lines...

Assuming he does a good job that is an excellent price ... no offense, but too bad he's in Windsor
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(07-15-2011, 08:28 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(07-15-2011, 08:19 AM)liquidfocus Wrote: Idk if anyone in Windsor is interested, but a good Friend of mine owns Pro Tint on Walker Rd and He is the best tint Guy in the City imho...if anyone wants tint I can set you up with a cash price. He did My ZX3 S2 last week for $150 cash, no tax with a strip across the windshield...all His tint is computer cut and He did my back window in one piece, which is much better than having a seam at the defrost lines...

Assuming he does a good job that is an excellent price ... no offense, but too bad he's in Windsor
Honestly...I've known this guy since kindergarten...He started tinting at about 17 or 18...He's almost 36 now. So been doin it a long time. I wouldn't take my cars to anyone else. So if anyone in the area is interested I can get you a great cash price...Smile
(07-15-2011, 08:28 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: Assuming he does a good job that is an excellent price ... no offense, but too bad he's in Windsor

Don't know if its a chain but there's a Pro Tint in Hamilton, they do excellent work with good prices, computer cut film. I've had my Focus, Taurus and Ranger done there, taking the Mustang there next week, and referred about a dozen people to them and never one complaint. They do the clear bra there too, we'll see how that goes ...
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
(07-18-2011, 01:14 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:
(07-15-2011, 08:28 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: Assuming he does a good job that is an excellent price ... no offense, but too bad he's in Windsor

Don't know if its a chain but there's a Pro Tint in Hamilton, they do excellent work with good prices, computer cut film. I've had my Focus, Taurus and Ranger done there, taking the Mustang there next week, and referred about a dozen people to them and never one complaint. They do the clear bra there too, we'll see how that goes ...

Nah...no chain to my knowledge.