Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fc.net Bbq Dvd Status Update
I definitely wanna incorporate Just Like You in there, as it is indeed a kickass song.

Update to the update: Well, this isn't fun. I'm sending my motherboard in for return, and getting a newer, better board. New video card, too. Not costing me much more as I just helped out the store owner with something he sadly needed in terms of server racks, and the fact the stuff's warrantied anyways. My mobo's been flaky over the past few BIOS revisions, but I needed the latest revisions to recognize the CPU core correctly and get the proper stock voltage happening (IT guys are noddin' their heads here. Just smile and nod too ;) ).

You should see the loaner I have :ph34r:

I'll take some pics and blog them later when I'm back online. The case alone is clear acrylic :D

The good news is that I managed to capture the MiniDV footage and back it up to a standalone drive, as well as all the stills and current WIP.

I'm behind by a night's work, but no more than that.

I blogged a few pics :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Well considering your the only one doing the DVD then your not behind.. .Not at all. It will be done when you says its done
:P :lol: B)
2000 ZX3
Well, the unthinkable happened. After Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky Nero 6.6 burnt my 4.4GB backup of my entire My Documents folder... it decided that it really didn't.

I threw my DVD+RW in my drive... and my shiny new Windows install tells me I have a blank DVD and would I like to write some files to it?

I have some... SOME file recovery software at home on a separate drive (which is where the f'ing backup should have gone as well, but no I was a retard and RUSHED.) that I've installed and commenced trying to recover the files.

I am SERIOUSLY PISSED. I've never had to check Nero's work before, and now I guess I always will. I'm also pissed at my NEC 3520A DVDRW drive, as it didn't even see the disjointed data... but a borrowed LG DVDRW drive could and is attempting it right now.

If I manage to recover this stuff... it's getting burnt to DVD at work after coming in via 2.5" drive and enclosure tomorrow morning.

FACK ME.

So the DVD for the BBQ isn't killed, just horribly delayed.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
needle in a haystack.

Best of luck buddy..... Should have bought a Mac.

:lol:
If you wait ill get you my footage somehow too ...

Im just not releasing it till im done editing what I want to make with it... I dont want anyone using it for anything below the standard of what im trying to make.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
If ANYONE (read: Puppet) has a line on serious data recovery software, give me a shout via MSN or PM. This is a dire freaking situation. I know the data's there, I've sort-of "viewed" it through one recovery tool... but the one running right now is slow. I hope that means it's getting everything.

I am in FACKING AWE. Restorer 2000 is THA BOMB.

It found my old RAID array's logical drive entry... I'm reovering wedding and honeymoon pictures right now. It even found my oldest pictures of us so far.

I'm FREAKING PUMPED.

I grabbed this off my hard drives, btw... not the DVD+RW backup that got facked.

I should have everything else recovered by the end of the night at this rate.

RESTORER 200 PWNS JOO :ph34r:

My boss is getting a hug or something Monday... he's the reason we originally bought this software IIRC.

you need to get out more hahaha
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
You have NO IDEA how freaking relieved I am right now. :D

This pizza tastes so much better now.

EDIT - spoke too soon. It looks like the DVD is my only hope now. Every god damn file that wasn't a text file was corrupted. DAMN IT.

so no more hug for boss? how sad.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi