Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Ever Roll Fenders?
I noticed I rub a but with the new tires. I was wondering if there was a way to remedy this.

Thanks guys.
I'm getting this done when I go in for paint
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
what is involved when rolling fenders, what do they do? and how much does a job like that cost?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
rolling fenders propperly requires a fender roller.
i charge $50/corner if i have to save the paint on the fenders, $25/corner if it is going in for paint after.

a cheap and easy way to do it although you may damage the fneders and paint if you are not carfull... if you have minimal wheel gap you can go to homedepot and get a hardwood dowel slightly larger that the gap you have. put the car on a flat surface with room infront and behind the car(a nice smooth parking lot would work). get a buddy to help and put the dowel infront or behind the tire and between the fender and tire.
roll the car forward or backwards to make the dowel roll up the tire and press back the fender.
obviously the dowel needs to be on the angle of where the fender needs to be rolled back to give you the propper clearence.

it is best to heat up the fender lips with a heatgun or high powered hair dryer to soften the paint.

good luck!

ZX3TUNING,Jun 25 2005, 07:11 PM Wrote:rolling fenders propperly requires a fender roller.
i charge $50/corner if i have to save the paint on the fenders, $25/corner if it is going in for paint after.

[right][snapback]117368[/snapback][/right]

is that the going rate for most shops?? cosmetically does it effect the look of the fenders?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
the going rate around here is $75/corner and up depending on the type of car and the shop. i charge $50/corner and up because i get a bit more business that way.
that is partly because other than myself there are maybe 2 other fender rollers in the entire GVRD. some cars require cutting lip reinforcement to get the lips to push back so that is more time and obviously costs more.

you can roll fenders to relieve minor rub or you can roll them for major fender reforming and flaring.

reforming and flaring would require body work and paint afterwards....

don't forget, like any service you are paying for, you are paying for time, skill and tools required. even if it only takes 15min a corner, that is because the guy has done so many of them that he just has become extremely good at it... you are paying for his skills! ;)
So how should i send my Fenders Fed-Ex... LOL Your no help to the guys on this side of the world, Unless you will rent your tool out to us.

If so Im very interested.
Chromey,Jun 25 2005, 09:57 PM Wrote:So how should i send my Fenders Fed-Ex... LOL Your no help to the guys on this side of the world, Unless you will rent your tool out to us.

[right][snapback]117453[/snapback][/right]

I'll be right there doing it myself.
Chromey,Jun 25 2005, 05:57 PM Wrote:So how should i send my Fenders Fed-Ex... LOL Your no help to the guys on this side of the world, Unless you will rent your tool out to us.

[right][snapback]117453[/snapback][/right]

hey, it's not my fault you guys live so far away from me!
if you moved out west you wouldn't have that problem, plus you'd get mild winters, great springs and falls and killer summers, you're cars would rust out in 6 years and of course there is also the driving roads to end all driving roads! ;) :lol: