Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Headlights
I was wondering which ebay headlights are the best made?
Turbo arrived!
from what i have heard...

NONE.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
^^^^ I knew someone would had say that. But for real...Im sure there's a kind of headlights that are at lease worth it.
Turbo arrived!
The APC ones are actually not that bad. I doubt they have any crappier fitment then my Hellas.
STAY AWAY FROM THE EBAY CHEAP PROJECTORS (NO NAME HELLA KNOCKOFFS). I've read that they have issues with fitment, wiring, etc. Some guy even had them melt and start a fire.

The Matrix Racing Halos are decent as long as they have the 'KS' in raised lettering on the lower lip of the headlight housing.

APC sucks, always has, always will.
I have the actual e-code Hellas I I found the fitment s**t... Even the rear tails were sketchy. My old APC altezzas has 100% perfect fit.
I had some APC tails once, tried them out (got them in a trade) and the fitment was not very good. There was a HUGE gap between the taillight housing and the side windows.
I think these ones are sexay:

[Image: 2.jpg]
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I have some nice ones for sale still..
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,May 23 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:I have some nice ones for sale still..
[right][snapback]110541[/snapback][/right]

Pm'd
Turbo arrived!
I have the E-bay ones. I had them on for two years. All year round and never had a problem with them until yesterday. I had an angel eye burn out and cant find one anywhere. This is my third summer. That was the only problem I had with them
your best bet on ebay is someone selling MACH or ST170 lights

why go with cheapos when you can get the real deal OEM stuff

that's why my car has actual honda OEM 1 piece headlights instead of JDM 'style' lights for example

You should stay away from these "APC" units, this was a pic from their show car.

[Image: Rustyprojhlmps.jpg]
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Get out the wallet and get the real deal. Save your bucks til you can afford them or stick with the stockers.
Hey, I think bluetoy is selling some Euro spec headlights. Try him and see what kind of price you can get out of him. They are super nice lights IMO.

Because I have 'em. And the fitment is perfect.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,May 24 2005, 08:03 AM Wrote:Get out the wallet and get the real deal.  Save your bucks til you can afford them or stick with the stockers.
Hey, I think bluetoy is selling some Euro spec headlights.  Try him and see what kind of price you can get out of him.  They are super nice lights IMO.

Because I have 'em.  And the fitment is perfect.
[right][snapback]110583[/snapback][/right]

Great advice.

Don;t cheap out. espcially on stuff like that.
Unless you really want the projector style for cosmetic reasons, you should consider the euro spec headlights. It'll fit perfectly (OEM Ford) and the light output is better than stock (upgrade rather than downgrade), and they include the signal light in the housing so you can also install an aftermarket grill if you want.

It might be twice the price, but if you end up having to replace a shitty ebay set of lights then your cost is justified right there.
Stay away from ebay junk!!!

I've buy some ebay hallo 1 ½ years ago and the first hallo burn 2 week after... after only 4 month all the halo were burned!!!!... the light was great, but when you see a spider web in the lense you know that there a problem somewhere!!!!!.....

Mine finish at the garbage only 8 month after I've buy them...... and now I'm running with painted stocker and its MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer!!!!!!!!!!

Hallo :blink:
[Image: P1110598.jpg]

and Now! :D
[Image: P1140058.jpg]
Cardomain: Click Here!
MonChar.com ICI!
I am not having half of the problems you guys are talkin about with the ebay projectors. Only issues I had was first aiming the buggers, didn't know how to do it but I figured it out. The other issue was the internal wiring on the lamps was reversed so low beams are high beams and high beams are low beams. I have had the projectors installed since early january and they are still glowing strong. Halos are bring and all is good.

I do however plan on taking them apart and replaing the blue LED's in the halo's with some green LED's just so they go with the theme of the car but other then that they are great.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Halo Headlights On Ebay SL8RZZX3 13 5,544 11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Last Post: smith21