Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Is Finished And On The Road!
got my ECU back today from Powerworks
Shipped it out at 3pm on wednesday, got a call at 6:50am on thursday confirming my return addy and everything, back at my house by noon today!
i was out running around all day so i didn't get a chance to start on the install but the car is already on the hoist and the magic starts tomorrow at 7am!, will hopefully have it running tomorrow night and on the street for sunday!

i'm giddy like a school-girl! :D
:postpics:
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
You got a call at 6:50AM! (9:50AM EST - powerworks time)

Guess I should remind the shipping guys about time zones, huh :P
'04 Competition Orange 5dr Euro SVT - powerworks R&D Eng
i don't mind, it was a nice wake-up call!

oh and i will be taking tons of progress shots as i go!
i will have some video of start-up aswell as some video of the first few shakedown runs as i confirm everything is working with my Raptor Datalogger and LM-1 wideband to make sure my A/F is is check.

not that i doubt Powerworks, i just like to see how spot on everything is! :D
I wish you the best Mitch, but I hate to be the pessimist here. No I don't, I love to be the pessismist.

We would all love for things to go perfectly with FI install. It doesn't.
There is almost something inevitably that will be overlooked and you'll be pissed as hell.

So I for one am not holding to your deadline run of Sunday.

But then again, you didn't say which Sunday.

Best of luck.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,May 14 2005, 08:14 AM Wrote:I wish you the best Mitch, but I hate to be the pessimist here.  No I don't, I love to be the pessismist.

We would all love for things to go perfectly with FI install.  It doesn't.
There is almost something inevitably that will be overlooked and you'll be pissed as hell.

So I for one am not holding to your deadline run of Sunday.

But then again, you didn't say which Sunday.

Best of luck.
[right][snapback]108867[/snapback][/right]

pfff....do your homework right, have the right tools, and help...

You'll be finsihed in less than 48 hours, and doing a 7 hour drive home without a hitch. ;)

:P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
2 hours in:
[Image: pw001.jpg]

7hours in:
[Image: pw002.jpg]

it will definately be up and running tomorrow, however the FMIC requires a lot of trimming to the opening in my bumper so the car is going to get dropped off at AutoSense Collision to get the bumper fit around the FMIC seamlessly! :D

i'll take it for shakedown runs without the bumper, video and more pics tomorrow.
Quote:it will definately be up and running tomorrow, however the FMIC requires a lot of trimming to the opening in my bumper so the car is going to get dropped off at AutoSense Collision to get the bumper fit around the FMIC seamlessly! biggrin.gif

Sounds like what I ran into LOL

Nothing is bolt on and modification is always needed. God dam euro bumpers. I just wanna throw mine in the garbage
Please let me know what mods you have to do to the Euro bumpers to get the LTR (Low-Temp Radiator) to fit.

We're hoping to start selling the kit in the UK soon and it would be nice to know what we're up against.

Thanks!
no problem
i have already found a small problem with the kit, not a big deal but would speed up the install quite a bit!
Running yet?
COSDEVSVT,May 15 2005, 03:26 PM Wrote:Please let me know what mods you have to do to the Euro bumpers to get the LTR (Low-Temp Radiator) to fit.

We're hoping to start selling the kit in the UK soon and it would be nice to know what we're up against.

Thanks!
[right][snapback]109023[/snapback][/right]

I might be able to help you out there. I have a turbo setup, and I'm working on a A/W intercooler. I was REAALLLLLY hoping I could buy your LTR to go with it, since it's the perfect size. I have the Euro R/S front bumper and I'm in Detroit/Windsor. If you would be so kind as to sell me one, I can come by your shop and see how it fits.

Mitch: Damn man, I missed all this. Congrats. I checked out their car at BeaveRun last weekend. Looks like a good setup. It took 2 full days of beatings on track, so it seems like it's well tuned. I doubt you'll have any problems.

But I was still faster. :P
the car has been on the road for the past week. too a while before the ECU figured out my 8lbs FS flywheel... it couldn't figure out how to keep the car idling so i had to keep the RPM up at traffic lights. because of that and a lead-weight right foot i managed a staggering 80kms to a half tank! :blink: :huh: :D
after that first 80 the car seems to idle fine. i have a few small issues i need to clean up, i have a bad exhaust leak that was there before but is worse now... undercar cat broke at the slip-fitting when i took it out and needs to be replaced.

review on the driving exp....

to be honest, you would never know there is a blower under the hood!
unless there is a decent load on the engine, the blower is very quiet and makes basicly zero noise at idle. get on it and the whine does build, how much i wont know untill i fix the exhaust leak which seems to be over powering all other noises at the moment!
power is from idle to redline.
the best way i can describe the power band on this car is like having an uncorked motor with with double the displacement under the hood. imagine a 4L 16v rev-happy(with my flywheel) 4cyl. there is assloads of torque at any engine speed in any gear.
the car picks up speed so quickly and smoothly and effortlessly you could very easily get your self into trouble with the local police. there have been times where i thought i was driving away normally only to look down and notice i was doing 100km in a 50 zone. i have found i really have to pay attention to my speed with this kit.

before this kit i had tried many different levels of tune with my zetec. for the last year i was running all the basic bolt-ons, old skewl Superchip and full 2.5" exhaust
the car dyno'ed at 131fwhp and 132lb/ft on the FC mustang dyno and 137 and 139 on a local dynojet. the powerband of my old setup was almost identical to how it is now, only now it's double what it was before.

you do not need to drive this kit hard for it to be fast, half throttle with the PW kit is noticably faster than before and full throttle stretches your mouth to an ear-to-ear grin in no time flat! :D

A/F is bang on, as tested with an LM-1
boost hits 12psi at around 5500rpm at WOT and will hit 5-8psi with half-throttle stabs very easily.
being as this kit is tuned to meet Cali emmissions standards and be CARB legal, there is a LOT of room to clean up the tune for more power on 94 or higher gas. using my raptor and the LM-1, my tuner and i figure 250-260fwhp with a more agressive tune via diablo and dialed in Cam gears with my full 2.5" exhaust is ver possible on 94.
my clutchnet 11lbs flywheel, 1500psi PP and 6-puck ceramic disc just came in yesterday, my race tranny with the 4.06 final and Quaife gets dropped off at ford for a rebuild to the tightest factory specs possible next week.
and my spair motor should start to get attention soon; low comp pistons, eagle rods, B&B bottom end.
i have a ported head ready to go with crower valve train in place, and our fat duration/no overlap/mid-lift prototype cams are being ground as i type this.

we will run the blower on the built motor as it comes from powerworks to see the power possible at the stock 12psi before upping the boost.
300+fwhp and ~250lbft is the goal on 94 octane!

the JMS US spec Demo car with our mid-duration/extremely mild overlap/high lift cams is coming in for install of our other PW kit this upcoming week or next. it is currently running FC race header, FC flex, and a MBRP SVT 2.5" exhaust.

we also swapped out the BBK 63mm TBs that come with the kit for the FC 65mm units which have much beefier linkage and a cleaner look!

i'll get some pics of my car up later, once i get it back from the stereo shop... getting an alarm installed as there has been a lot of break-ins/car thefts in my area recently.

oh and only a small section of the 02+ front bumper needed to be modified. just had to trim back the lower edge of the grill opening and tilt the IC back about 10-15° to make it work.... the actual euro cars may need a slight bit more modifaction due to different rebar shape and size. i'll post pics of what needed to be modified...
here are some pics:

[Image: pw003.jpg]
[Image: pw004.jpg]
[Image: pw005.jpg]

i'll get some better pics up tomorrow!

here is what is required to fit the FMIC behind a 02+ euro bumper on a US spec Focus...
[Image: modify4pw.jpg]
you need to remove the vertical slats that hold the lower grill in place and trim back the sides on an angle to meet up with the bottome where about .75-1.25" needs to be trimmed back. you can retain the use of the lower grill if you trim the bottom retainer clips off and a small amount off the back bottome edge of the grill, not a lot as the grill can be pushed forward at the bottom to where the bumper was trimmed too!
sounds good.

hopefully there will a kit for the svt when i cash for it.
'03 Focus SVT
P-51,May 28 2005, 08: Wrote:I might be able to help you out there.  I have a turbo setup, and I'm working on a A/W intercooler. I was REAALLLLLY hoping I could buy your LTR to go with it, since it's the perfect size.  I have the Euro R/S front bumper and I'm in Detroit/Windsor. If you would be so kind as to sell me one, I can come by your shop and see how it fits.
[right][snapback]111184[/snapback][/right]

You are welcome to stop by Cosworth in Novi to check out the fitment - just PM me to let me know your schedule.

I'll have to look into a spare LTR to see if we would sell it separately ... at the moment, I think we only have enough on hand for our current stock.

SVT s/c kit development is progressing nicely ... maybe just a bit ahead of schedule. Official output/price/release date still pending.